[Solved] Calc and Windows 10

Discuss the spreadsheet application
jgriffs@comcast.net

[Solved] Calc and Windows 10

Post by jgriffs@comcast.net »

I have yet to find anyone who enjoys the teny-tiny font used throughout Windows.
Within Calc can I set how a sheet will appear? Example: Using Windows Magnifier and a blank sheet I find that with Magnifier set to zero, the setting for "view" in the sheet needs to be 275% to be readable. Can this be set as a default for any new Calc file? Click on the Calc icon and -bam- a blank sheet appears already set to the 275 "view" setting.
Last edited by Hagar Delest on Sun Aug 08, 2021 9:44 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: tagged solved (per OP request).
Bill
Volunteer

Re: Calc and Windows 10

Post by Bill »

The setting should be saved in the user profile when a Calc document is saved. Did you try saving a document in Calc with the 275% setting? When I do that, the next new Calc document is 275%.
AOO 4.1.14 on Ubuntu MATE 22.04
Villeroy
Volunteer

Post by Villeroy »

Bill wrote:The setting should be saved in the user profile when a Calc document is saved. Did you try saving a document in Calc with the 275% setting? When I do that, the next new Calc document is 275%.
I tried and the setting seems to be saved individually in the document. A customized default template stores settings for all new documents. [Tutorial] Creating a new default template
Please, edit this topic's initial post and add "[Solved]" to the subject line if your problem has been solved.
Ubuntu 18.04 with LibreOffice 6.0, latest OpenOffice and LibreOffice
robleyd

Post by robleyd »

If this problem exists across all your applications, you may be able to go into Control Panel, or however called in Win10, and adjust the font size there to apply to all applications. See this support article on the MS site for more information.
Cheers
David
OS - Slackware 15 64 bit
Apache OpenOffice 4.1.15
LibreOffice 24.2.2.2; SlackBuild for 24.2.2 by Eric Hameleers
jgriffs@comcast.net

Post by jgriffs@comcast.net »

Yes that is correct but doin so in CP affects all displays be they web pages or others. In nearly every case I have tried, the screen becomes to small to display everything. That may not make sence but it's the system that then makes you scroll right or use the arrows at the bottom and right to see what else in on the screen. Not a great solution.
Apache OpenOffice 4.1.6 on Windows 10