[Solved] Error "{File}.ods does not exist" for iCloud file

Issues installing under the Mac OSX - X11 - Aqua
wjdaly0123

[Solved] Error "{File}.ods does not exist" for iCloud file

Post by wjdaly0123 »

have been using open Office for about 6 months. i use a spreadsheet almost daily. the following message was received yesterday. /users/Williamdaly/Icloud drive(archive)2/documents/MARKET SUMMARY.ods does not exist
i am a newbie and do not really know how to handle technical problems but i tried using Time Machine but failed. any help or suggestions in helping retrieve these spreadsheets would be appreciated
Last edited by Hagar Delest on Fri Jun 18, 2021 7:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: tagged solved.
apache openoffice 4.1.6 installed on mac OS Catalina 10.5.7
robleyd

Re: Error message

Post by robleyd »

How were you trying to access this file - using File | Open, from the Recent Files list or some other method.

Have you tried using the file manager in MacOS (named Finder I believe) to locate the file.
Cheers
David
OS - Slackware 15 64 bit
Apache OpenOffice 4.1.15
LibreOffice 24.2.2.2; SlackBuild for 24.2.2 by Eric Hameleers
Bidouille
Volunteer

Re: Error message

Post by Bidouille »

wjdaly0123 wrote: /users/Williamdaly/Icloud drive(archive)2/documents/MARKET SUMMARY.ods does not exist
Are you sure that your iCloud is mounted?

Not an OpenOffice issue. :)
MrProgrammer

Re: Error "{File}.ods does not exist" for iCloud file

Post by MrProgrammer »

wjdaly0123 wrote:/users/Williamdaly/Icloud drive(archive)2/documents/MARKET SUMMARY.ods does not exist
Mac FAQ Q63: Can I use OpenOffice with iCloud?
[Solved] Missing Document After OpenOffice Upgrade
robleyd wrote:How were you trying to access this file - using File | Open, from the Recent Files list or some other method.
From Finder try File → Open, or Go → Recents, or Go → Recent Folders. If you cannot find your file in Finder or in Spotlight, that is not an OpenOffice problem. Depending on how you have configured MacOS and iCloud, your computer may move documents for you to match what you have specified and make OpenOffice's File → Recent Documents feature unreliable. In this case do not attempt to use the feature.
Bidouille wrote:Not an OpenOffice issue.
Agreed. You may find better assistance in a forum for Apple software if you have questions about MacOS or iCloud configuration.
Mr. Programmer
AOO 4.1.7 Build 9800, MacOS 13.6.3, iMac Intel.   The locale for any menus or Calc formulas in my posts is English (USA).
wjdaly0123

Re: Error "{File}.ods does not exist" for iCloud file

Post by wjdaly0123 »

thanks to the 3 gentlemen who replied to my dilema i was finally got some relief. i went to icloud for the first time ever and found a november 2020 copy of the data i wanted. i then thru order sources was able to update it to current date . i really appreciated your prompt replies.
apache openoffice 4.1.6 installed on mac OS Catalina 10.5.7