[Solved] Where to ask: AOO Forum or DF Wiki

Talk about anything at all....
chrispdx

[Solved] Where to ask: AOO Forum or DF Wiki

Post by chrispdx »

I'm using LibreOffice, but there is so much overlapping information and resources that I'm not sure the best place to ask a question: here on the OpenOffice Forum or wiki.documentfoundation.org the AskLibreOffice forum (ask.libreoffice.org)? Or both ?
Last edited by MrProgrammer on Tue Apr 07, 2020 9:09 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Reason: tagged solved; Moved from Beginners forum to General Discussion
LibreOffice 6.4.2.2 | OSX 10.15.3
robleyd

Re: where to ask: OO Forum or DF Wiki

Post by robleyd »

I assume you mean AskLibreOffice rather than the DF Wiki. AskLO has an unfriendly interface, but some good support is available. Here also there is a lot of good support.

I guess it comes down to whether you are more comfortable using one or the other: there is no reason not to ask your questions on both sites but please, if you do so, give a link to the cross posted question so that there isn't a duplication of effort to respond to your question. Also, don't forget to search the site(s) as your problem may well have asked and answered already.
Cheers
David
OS - Slackware 15 64 bit
Apache OpenOffice 4.1.15
LibreOffice 24.2.2.2; SlackBuild for 24.2.2 by Eric Hameleers
Villeroy
Volunteer

Re: Where to ask: AOO Forum or DF Wiki

Post by Villeroy »

This is the place because here you can attach documents up to 1.5 MB in size which makes it a lot easier to ask meaningful questions and get adequate answers.
Please, edit this topic's initial post and add "[Solved]" to the subject line if your problem has been solved.
Ubuntu 18.04 with LibreOffice 6.0, latest OpenOffice and LibreOffice
Hagar Delest

Post by Hagar Delest »

Villeroy wrote:here you can attach documents up to 1.5 MB in size
Well, actually 128kB.
But this is the idea. An attachment limiting the content to the very issue (be it a document or a screenshot) is hugely helpful.
LibreOffice 7.6.2.1 on Xubuntu 23.10 and 7.6.4.1 portable on Windows 10
chrispdx

Post by chrispdx »

Thanks, all. I will post question here primarily and cross-post to AskLibreOffice secondarily with link back to primary post here.
LibreOffice 6.4.2.2 | OSX 10.15.3