Start page and icons changed color

Issues with installing under all versions of MS Windows
dale_bartley

Start page and icons changed color

Post by dale_bartley »

I run Windows 7 on a 64 bit Toshiba laptop. About a month ago, I first noticed that the opening page listing "Text Document", "Spreadsheet", etc had changed to Halloween orange and black and the icons in front of the words had changed colors and the words no longer appeared unless you moused over them. Then on opening each page, the icons there had also changed color and few of them no longer worked.

At this time I was at a hotel on the access that they provided. A question had appeared on my screen asking if I would like more contrast? Google maps is hard to read for my aging eyes, so I said yes. I am not at all sure that this caused the change to OOffice, but....

The only change that I am aware of was to Open Office 4.1.5 and I have not been able to find any download that was placed on my laptop or any functions that was changed. I am not swift at this, however. I did finally uninstall OO and reboot and reinstall it. This did not solve the problem.

Any thought on how to restore the colors and icons would be most welcome
Open Office 4.1.5 on Windows 7
Bill
Volunteer

Re: Start page and icons changed color

Post by Bill »

Did you check the Themes setting in Windows 7? You may have switched to a high-contrast theme. You can use Google to find instructions for changing the theme.
AOO 4.1.14 on Ubuntu MATE 22.04