[Solved] Formula Sumif.......maybe

Discuss the spreadsheet application
Puluihu

[Solved] Formula Sumif.......maybe

Post by Puluihu »

Ok....I give up. I am trying to Total column D if Column G = Food. I have tried countif, sum, sumif, array, formula wizard. None of them hit the mark I started with =SUMIF(G2:G3;"Food";D2:D3) and about a hundred variables later, I did get a 0. I have tried every cheat sheet I can find. Any suggestions? :crazy: I love the emoji's on this site.
Last edited by robleyd on Sun Sep 23, 2018 2:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Tagged [Solved] [robleyd, Moderator]
Open Office 4.1.5 Windows 10
FJCC

Re: Formula Sumif.......maybe

Post by FJCC »

Code: Select all

=SUMIF(G2:G3;"Food";D2:D3)
should work. If you are getting zero, check that the content of column D is not text. You can do that with the menu View -> Value Highlighting. Numbers will be in blue, formulas green and text black. If you are getting an error, please upload an example file. To do that, click Post Reply and look for the Upload Attachment tab just below the box where you type a response.
OpenOffice 4.1 on Windows 10 and Linux Mint
If your question is answered, please go to your first post, select the Edit button, and add [Solved] to the beginning of the title.
Puluihu

Post by Puluihu »

It WORKED!!!! The dollars were formatted as text. THANK YOU
Open Office 4.1.5 Windows 10
RusselB

Post by RusselB »

Also check that the entry in G matches Food. Extra spaces after the word won't make a difference as to how it appears, but will make a difference as to how Calc sees it.
Capitalization can also make a difference.
OpenOffice 4.1.7, LibreOffice 7.0.1.2 on Windows 7 Pro, Ultimate & Windows 10 Home (2004)
If you believe your problem has been resolved, please go to your first post in this topic, click the Edit button and add [Solved] to the beginning of the Subject line.