Bug fix OO3.1 calc, copying&pasting # from external source

Discuss the spreadsheet application
unspoiled

Post by unspoiled »

This happens regularly for me. I use the ctrl+c and ctrl+v for copying and pasting and when wanting to grab a single number (could be from a web site) sometimes the number is not "picked up" and an array of cells that was copied prior may be pasted in that you didn't want.

Solution: hit crtl+z then pick any cell of the spread sheet (using an empty cell makes sense for ease), copy and paste into another cell, then copy and paste from an external source. For some odd reason, the copying has to be reset on occasion.

For quite a while I couldn't figure out how to do this. I think I was closing the calc program then re-opening it to make it work right but this is by far the easiest to accomplish.

I'm not sure if it also happens staying strictly in calc, but i think not. I do know when low in RAM there could be a strange behavior in trying to copy and paste sticking only in calc but the above is not related to low RAM.
OpenOffice 3.1, WinXP,
Zizi64
Volunteer

Re: Bug fix OO3.1 calc, copying&pasting # from external sour

Post by Zizi64 »

Unread postby unspoiled » 2018 Feb 22, 7:05 am
Are you using the OOo3.1 in year 2018? That version is very-very-very old. Nobody will fix the bugs of that version. I suggest you: use a newer Apache OpenOffice or LibreOffice version.
Tibor Kovacs, Hungary; LO7.5.8 /Win7-10 x64Prof.
PortableApps/winPenPack: LO3.3.0-7.6.2;AOO4.1.14
Please, edit the initial post in the topic: add the word [Solved] at the beginning of the subject line - if your problem has been solved.
unspoiled

Post by unspoiled »

Will the newer version work with WinXP? Some of us have been destroyed by the Federal Reserve and do not have much money as a result.
OpenOffice 3.1, WinXP,
Zizi64
Volunteer

Post by Zizi64 »

Will the newer version work with WinXP?
Maybe the newest versions of the LO will not.
The software and hardware prerequisites for installing LibreOffice on a Windows system are as follows:
LibreOffice 6.x: Microsoft Windows 7 SP1, Windows 8, Windows Server 2012, or Windows 10
LibreOffice 5.x: Microsoft Windows XP SP3, Vista, Windows Server 2008, Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows Server 2012, or Windows 10
https://th.libreoffice.org/download/sys ... uirements/

You can download the "old" versions of the LibreOffice:
http://downloadarchive.documentfoundati ... ffice/old/

And here is the system requirements list of the AOO/OOo:
https://www.openoffice.org/dev_docs/sou ... _reqs.html
Last edited by Zizi64 on Sat Feb 24, 2018 10:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tibor Kovacs, Hungary; LO7.5.8 /Win7-10 x64Prof.
PortableApps/winPenPack: LO3.3.0-7.6.2;AOO4.1.14
Please, edit the initial post in the topic: add the word [Solved] at the beginning of the subject line - if your problem has been solved.
thomasjk
Volunteer

Post by thomasjk »

unspoiled wrote:Will the newer version work with WinXP? Some of us have been destroyed by the Federal Reserve and do not have much money as a result.
Apache OpenOffice is supported on XP. Not sure I understand your comment about the Federal reserve and free software.
Tom K.
Windows 10 Home version 1803 17134.165
LibreOffice 5.4.7.2
unspoiled

Post by unspoiled »

Sorry you do not understand. To upgrade from WinXP I would think costs money. Purposely trying to make a disparate connection to obfuscate is unproductive.
OpenOffice 3.1, WinXP,
unspoiled

Post by unspoiled »

My intention in this thread is to show a work-around with a problem involving calc. Simple. I want others to be able to quickly get around the problem.
OpenOffice 3.1, WinXP,
thomasjk
Volunteer

Post by thomasjk »

unspoiled wrote:Sorry you do not understand. To upgrade from WinXP I would think costs money. Purposely trying to make a disparate connection to obfuscate is unproductive.
No obfuscation in my response at all. The AOO software is free and works on XP as I said in my response. Obtuse comments about the Federal Reserve and your financial situation not withstanding.
Tom K.
Windows 10 Home version 1803 17134.165
LibreOffice 5.4.7.2
robleyd

Post by robleyd »

To upgrade from WinXP I would think costs money.
To get a later version of Windows probably costs money: to upgrade from Windows -> Linux is free 8-)
Cheers
David
OS - Slackware 15 64 bit
Apache OpenOffice 4.1.15
LibreOffice 24.2.2.2; SlackBuild for 24.2.2 by Eric Hameleers