File has what appears to be Chinese writing or symbols

Talk about anything at all....
67survivor

File has what appears to be Chinese writing or symbols

Post by 67survivor »

I'm not very well versed on Microsoft office or Open office. I have a pdf from my email that came from a trusted source. I've tried numerous time to download it to Open Office but EVERY TIME it ends up having all these crazy what appears to be Chinese symbols or writing, and all the gaps are off. This is actually my resume and I REALLY NEED to get this sent to a company
PLEASE HELP
Last edited by MrProgrammer on Sat Feb 15, 2020 6:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Corrected subject, was: File has what appears to be chinese writing or sysmbols
apache open office 4.16
Windows 7
FJCC

Re: File has what appears to be chinese writing or sysmbols

Post by FJCC »

OpenOffice is not the correct software to view a PDF document. If the information in your signature is correct and you are using Windows, you probably have Adobe Reader. Use that to open the PDF.
OpenOffice 4.1 on Windows 10 and Linux Mint
If your question is answered, please go to your first post, select the Edit button, and add [Solved] to the beginning of the title.
robleyd

Post by robleyd »

OpenOffice is not a PDF reader; you need to download and install a suitable application such as Adobe Acrobat Reader.
Cheers
David
OS - Slackware 15 64 bit
Apache OpenOffice 4.1.15
LibreOffice 24.2.1.2; SlackBuild for 24.2.1 by Eric Hameleers
pinyin

Post by pinyin »

67survivor wrote:I'm not very well versed on Microsoft office or Open office. I have a pdf from my email that came from a trusted source. I've tried numerous time to download it to Open Office but EVERY TIME it ends up having all these crazy what appears to be Chinese symbols or writing, and all the gaps are off. This is actually my resume and I REALLY NEED to get this sent to a company
PLEASE HELP
I guess those are NOT Chinese symbols or writing, but some junk boxes you will always see when you are trying to open a file using a wrong tool. OpenOffice is great, but an Adobe Acrobat Reader is really what you need in this case. :D
OpenOffice 3.1 on Windows Vista