Recover system image

Talk about anything at all....
jiminy16

Recover system image

Post by jiminy16 »

ladies & gentlemen:
please sit back until I can figure out reasonable questions. I am at present trying to recover a system image from prior to Jan 15
with the hope that I can recover my data. Since I have not formatted a hard drive in years, never consciously created partitions
and still do not know how to interpret the messages Win sends me about insufficient space, You can appreciate that I sill have to
do some studying to be semi capable of comprehending your comments. As an Aside, for the first time I noted some trojans & viruses
showing up in my virus software's report. I bet you have guessed that I did not write down their names. My apologies for my lack of
ability to stay up with you.
 Edit: Split from 4.1.6 tries to open SS and write files as text as the issue is not the same 
OpenOffice 4.1.2 on Windows 10
ThomasH

Re: Recover system image

Post by ThomasH »

Whatever you do, don't format the hard drive where your data is currently stored. That's a pretty good way to guarantee that you will never see your precious 1s and 0s again!
LibreOffice 6.0.7.3 on Ubuntu 18.04.1 LTS
Bill
Volunteer

Post by Bill »

You can find videos on YouTube telling how to recover data using Linux live USB sticks. If Windows is sending you an "insufficient space" message when you try to recover, then you may need to move your data files to an external drive before you can recover Windows. You probably should be asking this question on a Windows forum since it's a Windows problem.
AOO 4.1.14 on Ubuntu MATE 22.04
ThomasH

Post by ThomasH »

If the data is really important you might want to consider getting a professional to help. There are a lot of different ways to make irrecoverable mistakes. Can you post the actual error messages that you are seeing?
LibreOffice 6.0.7.3 on Ubuntu 18.04.1 LTS
xawajide

Post by xawajide »

ThomasH wrote:Whatever you do, don't format the hard drive where your data is currently stored. That's a pretty good way to guarantee that you will never see your precious 1s and 0s again!

That's so true, did the same mistake. But the worst part is no recovery anyhow.
NeoOffice 2.2.3 with MacOS 10.4
Markdc

Post by Markdc »

I would suggest you to not interfere with the hard drive. After that you can go for any professional help.
open office 4.1.5
gracehadid

Post by gracehadid »

This was once the condition with me as well. However, I took professional help rather going for any manual techniques which can make the situation even more worse.
OpenOffice 2.4 on Ubuntu 9.04
lizzy23

Post by lizzy23 »

Data recovery from the drive is possible only in one condition if the drive is not overwritten. In order to recover data your drive need to be untouched and not formatted, if after losing data from the drive you used it further then recovery from that drive is not possible even not with the help of professional data recovery software.
OpenOffice 4.1.2 and Windows 10
LC Mike

Post by LC Mike »

Agree with others here. Get it professionally recovered.
Open Office 4.1.2 On Windows 10