Automatic conversion of AOO documents back to MS Office

Talk about anything at all....
jbretherick

Automatic conversion of AOO documents back to MS Office

Post by jbretherick »

Every time I go through the process of creating documents and spread sheets in AOO they are automatically converted into MS Office documents. Since I have not purchased MS Office I can not edit or make changes to them. Why does this happen and what can be done to maintain these documents in the AOO format?
Open Office 4.1.5 on Windows 10
RusselB

Re: Automatic conversion of AOO documents back to MS Office

Post by RusselB »

Welcome to the forum.
The documents are not being converted, but the program associated with the file extension is being changed.
Windows 10 recently had an update that has caused all kinds of pain for those trying to use programs that are not Microsoft programs when Microsoft has a similar program.
I'd suggest that this is probably caused by a Windows 10 upgrade. See this post for details, and the link from it to to prevent that upgrade reinstalling
viewtopic.php?f=15&t=95023&p=453212
Then follow the instructions at [Tutorial]Setting the default program for MS formats
OpenOffice 4.1.7, LibreOffice 7.0.1.2 on Windows 7 Pro, Ultimate & Windows 10 Home (2004)
If you believe your problem has been resolved, please go to your first post in this topic, click the Edit button and add [Solved] to the beginning of the Subject line.