Printer not compatible with software?

Talk about anything at all....
theterryb

Printer not compatible with software?

Post by theterryb »

Hi everyone

I've been using OpenOffice for a while now, around 2~ years on my mac, but for some reason my printer stopped working yesterday when I sent a document to it.

It's really weird, I've tried turning everything off/on & contacted Sharp who claim that it's not the printer.

Tempted to move over completely to G suite at this point for my business. If anyone has had any similiar issues (esp the model) it would be of great help.

Sharp AR 5620 is the model
https://www.sharp-cee.com/cps/rde/xbcr/ ... _sp_eq.pdf
https://photocopiercompare.co.uk/sharp-ar-5620/
Just your average OpenOffice user
NeoOffice 2.2.3 with MacOS 10.4
bichngoc94

Re: Printer not compatible with software?

Post by bichngoc94 »

Tried to disable policy and also create new port for printer
RoryOF

Post by RoryOF »

Can you print from other applications on your computer? What type of printer? How is it connected?
Apache OpenOffice 4.1.15 on Xubuntu 22.04.4 LTS
theterryb

Post by theterryb »

Thanks for your help guys! In the end I restarted my machine, restarted the printer/photocopier and I had the same problem. Once I restarted both bits twice, it worked. I don't know what the problem was, I tried using notepad to print and I had the same problem. Looks like it may have been my set up rather than openoffice itself.
Just your average OpenOffice user
RoryOF

Post by RoryOF »

It sometimes depends on the order of starting. If you get a continuing problem you might need to turn your printer on about 20 seconds before your computer, so that printer has properly rebooted and settled down; it can then report its presence to the computer, which it might not do correctly or at all if still in the reboot process.

Hopefully, the problem will now be settled - but at least you know the printer woks, so it should merely be a matter of configuration.
Apache OpenOffice 4.1.15 on Xubuntu 22.04.4 LTS