Doing your own taxes

Talk about anything at all....
JayEgger

Doing your own taxes

Post by JayEgger »

It's just about cutoff season for turning in your taxes and I was wondering whether you guys like to do them yourself or use some sort of accounting software?:
https://fitsmallbusiness.com/reviews/accounting-software-reviews/

I figured I'd save more money taking my time and doing it myself, but the flood of spreadsheets kind of scare me.
Last edited by Hagar Delest on Fri Mar 09, 2018 10:31 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Live link disabled.
OpenOffice 4.1 on Windows 10
Villeroy
Volunteer

Re: Doing your own taxes

Post by Villeroy »

The page you have linked does not mention a single spreadsheet and it is a buch of spam anyway.
Please, edit this topic's initial post and add "[Solved]" to the subject line if your problem has been solved.
Ubuntu 18.04 with LibreOffice 6.0, latest OpenOffice and LibreOffice
JayEgger

Post by JayEgger »

I'm trying to decide between doing the taxes myself (e.g. using spreadsheets) or using some sort of dedicated accounting software.
OpenOffice 4.1 on Windows 10
RoryOF

Post by RoryOF »

A dedicated program will be better than trying to work out how to do them on a spreadsheet. If you were experienced with spreadsheets you wouldn't ask the question - buy a program.
Apache OpenOffice 4.1.15 on Xubuntu 22.04.4 LTS
RusselB

Post by RusselB »

Not knowing where you are located, this advice might not be applicable, but I (being in Canada) use the online forms at SimpleTax to do my taxes.
They ask for a contribution when you're done, but there's no obligation.
OpenOffice 4.1.7, LibreOffice 7.0.1.2 on Windows 7 Pro, Ultimate & Windows 10 Home (2004)
If you believe your problem has been resolved, please go to your first post in this topic, click the Edit button and add [Solved] to the beginning of the Subject line.