Install e-mail programme

Talk about anything at all....
Wonkyfinger1

Install e-mail programme

Post by Wonkyfinger1 »

How do I go about installing an e mail programme so that I can transfer a document onto e mail & send it?
Apache open Office 4 Windows 10
Villeroy
Volunteer

Re: install e mail programme

Post by Villeroy »

You can attach office documents to your email like you can attach any other type of file.
Please, edit this topic's initial post and add "[Solved]" to the subject line if your problem has been solved.
Ubuntu 18.04 with LibreOffice 6.0, latest OpenOffice and LibreOffice
Wonkyfinger1

Post by Wonkyfinger1 »

Thanks but I really am struggling as a beginner. I have windows ten & Apache four open office. and have tried to find a thread with step by step instructions but so far with little luck despite using the search mechanism. Any help would be appreciated.
Apache open Office 4 Windows 10
RoryOF

Post by RoryOF »

If you have an installed email program, such as Outlook or Outlook Express (or anything else) it is simple to Save a file from OpenOffice, write an email in the email program and attach the file (usually a paperclip icon on the email writing window). This is probably the simplest and quickest way to send them.

While OO can send a file direct, if the email links are properly configured, if one sends few fancy files it is not worth the effort of configuring them. Besides, they do not work with all email programs.
Apache OpenOffice 4.1.15 on Xubuntu 22.04.4 LTS
Zizi64
Volunteer

Post by Zizi64 »

Try to install the Thunderbird, and setup it as default e-mail client.
Tibor Kovacs, Hungary; LO7.5.8 /Win7-10 x64Prof.
PortableApps/winPenPack: LO3.3.0-7.6.2;AOO4.1.14
Please, edit the initial post in the topic: add the word [Solved] at the beginning of the subject line - if your problem has been solved.
Villeroy
Volunteer

Post by Villeroy »

You need help on files and folders. You need a computer course.
OpenOffice produces files on your computer. You are the one to organize your files so you can find them whenever you need one.
I assume, you already do send email one way or the other.
Any tool which allows you to compose and send email has some button somewhere to attach a file to the email you are writing. When you push that button you will get a file-open dialog where you select the file to attach.
Please, edit this topic's initial post and add "[Solved]" to the subject line if your problem has been solved.
waterlili

Re: Install e-mail programme

Post by waterlili »

Windows Live Mail, Outlook, Thunderbird, Foxmail, Dreammail, any email management program would allow you to attach a file and transfer it to anyone with an email address. All you need to do is to produce that file, save it to a place on your hard disk, and then find it for attachment from your installed emailing program.

Good luck. :-)
NeoOffice 2.2.3 with MacOS 10.4
Professional EN<>CN Linguistic Experts.
Gaurang Sharad

Post by Gaurang Sharad »

You can install Outlook, Thunderbird etc mail clients over your system and during composing a mail there is an option to add attachments, mostly it's logo is a paperclip, just press on it and navigate to the desired file and select that file and send the mail.
OpenOffice 2.4 on xubuntu
bman555

Post by bman555 »

I also have open office 4.3.1 and Windows 10. When I try to send a page from calc via e-mail using the method that is always stated ( send to email via calc menu send as... all I get is "no email programe is associated .........
I have thunderbird and I have repeatedly gone to windows " default programs and have thunderbird as my default email client "
I cannot seem to do the right step as I continually get the same error "no e-mail client associated"
What gives?
open office 4.3.1
Windows 10
Villeroy
Volunteer

Post by Villeroy »

Has been answered in depth. Save your file and then attach it to an email.
Zizi64
Volunteer

Post by Zizi64 »

Try the LibreOffice
Tibor Kovacs, Hungary; LO7.5.8 /Win7-10 x64Prof.
PortableApps/winPenPack: LO3.3.0-7.6.2;AOO4.1.14
Please, edit the initial post in the topic: add the word [Solved] at the beginning of the subject line - if your problem has been solved.
Villeroy
Volunteer

Post by Villeroy »

I don't know why you can't use OpenOffice's command File>Send>"Document as Mail" with Thunderbird on MS WIndows 10. I think it is one of those Windows problems with wrong registry entries. I fixed it once and I fixed it twice because our scanner could not open Thunderbird to send a scanned picture directly. Windows10 updates have a bad habit to change user settings. If you are really forced to use that shitty operating system, you have to live with things like that unless you are willing to use Microsoft products exclusively and store all your data on their servers.
In any case, you can always send any mail attachments with any mail application. All you need to know is the location and name of the file to be attached. Thunderbird accepts drag&drop operations from the file mananger ("WIndows Explorer"). Drag a file from Explorer into the upper-right corner of a window where you edit a mail to be sent.
Villeroy
Volunteer

Post by Villeroy »

This is the registry entry which fixed the problems with our scanner and Thunderbird:

Code: Select all

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Clients\Mail]
@="Mozilla Thunderbird"
bman555

Post by bman555 »

Thanks for the registry fix.
I did the changes and it worked.
It was the best way of solving the issue.i know drag an drop and attachment methods but want to get to the root of the issue.
Thanks again
open office 4.3.1
Windows 10
Villeroy
Volunteer

Post by Villeroy »

shreyamathur651 wrote:I am using LibreOffice
The problem discussed in this thread has nothing to do with any office suite It is a problem with corporations playing war games on our Windows computers. Getting rid of Microsoft WIndows solves this kind of probllems. You will have other kinds problems but I clearly prefer the latter ones.