Install e-mail programme

Talk about anything at all....

Install e-mail programme

Postby Wonkyfinger1 » Fri Mar 09, 2018 3:43 pm

How do I go about installing an e mail programme so that I can transfer a document onto e mail & send it?
Apache open Office 4 Windows 10
Wonkyfinger1

Re: install e mail programme

Postby Villeroy » Fri Mar 09, 2018 6:11 pm

You can attach office documents to your email like you can attach any other type of file.
Please, edit this topic's initial post and add "[Solved]" to the subject line if your problem has been solved.
Ubuntu 16.04, OpenOffice 4.x & LibreOffice 5.x
Villeroy
Volunteer

Postby Wonkyfinger1 » Fri Mar 09, 2018 7:58 pm

Thanks but I really am struggling as a beginner. I have windows ten & Apache four open office. and have tried to find a thread with step by step instructions but so far with little luck despite using the search mechanism. Any help would be appreciated.
Apache open Office 4 Windows 10
Wonkyfinger1

Postby RoryOF » Fri Mar 09, 2018 8:05 pm

If you have an installed email program, such as Outlook or Outlook Express (or anything else) it is simple to Save a file from OpenOffice, write an email in the email program and attach the file (usually a paperclip icon on the email writing window). This is probably the simplest and quickest way to send them.

While OO can send a file direct, if the email links are properly configured, if one sends few fancy files it is not worth the effort of configuring them. Besides, they do not work with all email programs.
Apache OpenOffice 4.1.5 on Xubuntu 18.04 (mostly 64 bit version) and infrequently on Win2K/XP
14 October 2016 was Pooh's 90th birthday
RoryOF

Postby Zizi64 » Fri Mar 09, 2018 8:11 pm

Try to install the Thunderbird, and setup it as default e-mail client.
Tibor Kovacs, Hungary; LO4.4.7, LO5.4.7 on Win7x64Prof.
PortableApps, winPenPack: LO3.3.0-LO6.1.0 and AOO4.1.5
Please, edit the initial post in the topic: add the word [Solved] at the beginning of the subject line - if your problem has been solved.
Zizi64
Volunteer

Postby Villeroy » Fri Mar 09, 2018 9:37 pm

You need help on files and folders. You need a computer course.
OpenOffice produces files on your computer. You are the one to organize your files so you can find them whenever you need one.
I assume, you already do send email one way or the other.
Any tool which allows you to compose and send email has some button somewhere to attach a file to the email you are writing. When you push that button you will get a file-open dialog where you select the file to attach.
Please, edit this topic's initial post and add "[Solved]" to the subject line if your problem has been solved.
Ubuntu 16.04, OpenOffice 4.x & LibreOffice 5.x
Villeroy
Volunteer

Re: Install e-mail programme

Postby waterlili » Tue Mar 20, 2018 7:11 am

Windows Live Mail, Outlook, Thunderbird, Foxmail, Dreammail, any email management program would allow you to attach a file and transfer it to anyone with an email address. All you need to do is to produce that file, save it to a place on your hard disk, and then find it for attachment from your installed emailing program.

Good luck. :-)
NeoOffice 2.2.3 with MacOS 10.4
Professional EN<>CN Linguistic Experts.
waterlili

Return to General Discussion