All Docs Disappeared

Talk about anything at all....
skinamarink

All Docs Disappeared

Post by skinamarink »

Opened OO today in order to open a document -- all documents (thousands, organized in file folders) have disappeared - no folders, nothing, as if I'd opened the program for the first time to use it.
I've also tried "File Explorer" to find and open docs - same thing, all gone. I'm on Windows 10 and interestingly, the "OneDrive" section (if I use File Explorer) has also disappeared. Interestingly, I never had my docs in OneDrive anyway -- I had too many, so I stored them in the "This PC" section, under Documents.
Any ideas? Is there another method to see if I can find the file path to the docs?
(Nothing has happened that i know of to account for this - there's been no unusual event I can think of that migh thave caused it)
Thanks in advance for your help!
OpenOffice 4.1.3 on Windows 10
Hagar Delest

Re: All Docs Disappeared

Post by Hagar Delest »

Hi and welcome to the forum!

Hardly an OpenOffice problem. No restore of the machine to a former restore point?
No one accessed the machine?
Have you checked the machine for malware?
LibreOffice 7.6.2.1 on Xubuntu 23.10 and 7.6.4.1 portable on Windows 10
Bill
Volunteer

Re: All Docs Disappeared

Post by Bill »

If you have more than one account on the machine, did you open the right account? If you right-click the Documents folder and select Properties, does the Documents Properties dialog show any files and folders in the Documents folder?
AOO 4.1.14 on Ubuntu MATE 22.04