the computer is just dormant after user and password info?

Talk about anything at all....
aaronpawlak

the computer is just dormant after user and password info?

Post by aaronpawlak »

Hello,

I am hoping for some assistance. I am a long time Windows XP user. I didn't want to change to Windows 7 and I despise windows 8.1 unless your computer is a touchscreen, it is very awkward to navigate. But I have run into a problem. I have installed a software on my computer HDD twice. I have followed the installation instructions to the letter and the problem is that once I FINALLY make it to the login screen, I put in my user and password information...and the computer is just dormant after that? I have an older computer, it is an Athlon 2.2 ghz processor and 4 gigs RAM. The computer us wirelessly connected to the internet( when I am on XP). What am I doing wrong? Any kind of information or windows explainer videos will be great if shared.Please help me out.

Any help will be appreciated.
Thank you.

Removed underlining and live link to ad, floris v, moderator
OpenOffice 2.4 on Ubuntu 9.04
floris v
Volunteer

Re: the computer is just dormant after user and password inf

Post by floris v »

You should add when you have to enter user name and password, because they're not required for OpenOffice. So you may have a hacked version of it. In that case, get the real thing from the download link at the bottom of this page. You should also be very careful using Windows XP, it's no longer safe to use on the Internet.
OpenOffice 4.1.11 on Ubuntu; LibreOffice 6.4 on Linux Mint, LibreOffice 7.6.2.1 on Ubuntu
If your problem has been solved or your question has been answered, please edit the first post in this thread and add [Solved] to the title bar.
Nederlandstalig forum
Bill
Volunteer

Re: the computer is just dormant after user and password inf

Post by Bill »

I'm not sure what you're trying to do. Are you dual-booting Windows XP and Ubuntu 9.04 and trying to log in to Ubuntu?
AOO 4.1.14 on Ubuntu MATE 22.04