[Solved] Reading .pst files

Talk about anything at all....
charleskirke

[Solved] Reading .pst files

Post by charleskirke »

I am temporarily without my computer with an MSOffice suite on it. I have backed up my files and am delighted that OpenOffice allows me to use all of them... except my .pst files. Can it be done, and if so how?
Last edited by MrProgrammer on Mon Jul 25, 2022 4:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Tagged ✓ [Solved] -- MrProgrammer, forum moderator
OpenOffice4, Windows 10
jrkrideau
Volunteer

Re: Reading .pst files

Post by jrkrideau »

What program creates .pst files?
LibreOffice 7.3.7. 2; Ubuntu 22.04
RusselB

Post by RusselB »

A quick search indicates that .pst files are used by Microsoft Outlook, the e-mail client associated with Microsoft Office.
Neither Apache Open Office nor Libre Office has an e-mail client included.
You will have to try other programs for the .pst files. An e-mail client that I have seen recommended on this board is Thunderbird
OpenOffice 4.1.7, LibreOffice 7.0.1.2 on Windows 7 Pro, Ultimate & Windows 10 Home (2004)
If you believe your problem has been resolved, please go to your first post in this topic, click the Edit button and add [Solved] to the beginning of the Subject line.
Gaurang Sharad

Post by Gaurang Sharad »

You can go for free tool [url]httpxs://www.convertertools.org/free/pst-file-viewer/[/url] and that can provide you the view of Outlook data.
Last edited by robleyd on Sat Jan 09, 2021 4:30 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Disable live link to PST tool
OpenOffice 2.4 on xubuntu
gracehadid

Post by gracehadid »

As such there are some random ways which help you out in the reading of a PST file. As the reading goes of PST one can also perform using the manual method. If you are a technical person you can check out on google. Or else there are various professional methods which you can use directly.
OpenOffice 2.4 on Ubuntu 9.04
sachin singh

Post by sachin singh »

If you not use of Miscrosoft Outlook, there is no panic about it because MailsDaddy Free PST Viewer have many advance feature to read PST files. It allows to read all type of email properties like To, Cc, Bcc Subject etc. You can read and view contact from free PST files easily. This PST reader can work for all windows operating systems.
OpenOffice4.1 sachin singh