Configuring Apache settings at site level

Talk about anything at all....
coolboy96

Configuring Apache settings at site level

Post by coolboy96 »

Hello everyone,

I have a query for configuring Apache settings at site level. Let me explain the requirement:

We have a Linux machine having Apache as server. In this machine we are hosting two sites. These two sites are monitored and configured by two different users which has access to only their site's shell. say

site1 is handled by user1
site2 is handled by user2

At present Apache configurations are done as VirtualHost by us (System Admin) by making necessary changes and restarting the Apache.

With the current setup for any Apache configuration changes the user comes to us.

Now we want to give the user full control to their site (Like in IIS), they will be free to make any VirtualHost changes but do not affect the stable environment which is provided to them.
i.e. for example if user1 make any invalid change in Apache configuration that should not get reflected and affect the site2. user2 doesn't need to bother about the site1's errors.

We do not want to give users, permissions like restarting the Apache as this may be too much privilege which they can miss use.

Now in IIS these configurations are handled by the application pool of the sites. application pools allow users to make isolation decisions on a per-site basis.

Is this kind of setup is possible for Apache to prevent one misbehaving site from taking other sites down while supporting multiple users.

Looking forward for your replies :) .

Regards

Title Edited. A descriptive title for posts helps others who are searching for solutions and increases the chances of a reply (Hagar, Moderator).
OpenOffice 3.1 on Windows Vista
Mr.Dandy

Re: Hello everyone,

Post by Mr.Dandy »

coolboy96 wrote:I have a query for configuring Apache settings at site level.
This is not a helpdesk for Apache HTTP server but only for OpenOffice (hosted and managed by Apache foundation).
Jump to https://httpd.apache.org/support.html
OpenOffice 4.1.12 - Windows 10
JohnSmith75

Re: Configuring Apache settings at site level

Post by JohnSmith75 »

remember how i grind users manual while trying to configure my first server..
OpenOffice 2.4 with Linux Mint