Default email

Talk about anything at all....
Sterling94

Default email

Post by Sterling94 »

Hi all. Exactly how do I go about changing the default email program? In my 3.4 version of openoffice when I hit the "send as email" key it automatically goes to a now defunct email provider. no help in the help manual.
OpenOffice 3.1 on Windows Vista
Zizi64
Volunteer

Re: Default email

Post by Zizi64 »

You can set the default email client in your operating system. Use a real email client software, like the Thunderbird.
Last edited by Zizi64 on Wed Jun 07, 2017 8:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tibor Kovacs, Hungary; LO7.5.8 /Win7-10 x64Prof.
PortableApps/winPenPack: LO3.3.0-7.6.2;AOO4.1.14
Please, edit the initial post in the topic: add the word [Solved] at the beginning of the subject line - if your problem has been solved.
thomasjk
Volunteer

Post by thomasjk »

AOO will not work with web based email applications as ZiZi64 says.
Tom K.
Windows 10 Home version 1803 17134.165
LibreOffice 5.4.7.2
CatBookWriter

Post by CatBookWriter »

thomasjk wrote:AOO will not work with web based email applications as ZiZi64 says.
Thunderbird is software you have to download and install on your computer, just like all other Mozilla products. So I would think people can read and write mail on it offline.

My email client is AOL for one reason: I can't figure out how to make something better work. One time I used Windows Mail to send Mom a link through the Email Link button, which only works for the computer's default mail program. She did not get it, so I had to send it again through AOL. She never had a problem getting emails from me when I used AOL Mail to send them.
OpenOffice 4.1.5 on Windows 10