[Solved] Extract the contents of winmail.dat files

Talk about anything at all....
Olivia

[Solved] Extract the contents of winmail.dat files

Post by Olivia »

I use Mac for my work. I received a lot of winmai.dat files from senders who are using Microsoft Outlook, but I don’t know how to extract and save it, the contents are very important for me. I need them to do my work.
This question has been bothering me for a long time, I am eager to solve. Does anyone know what method fix?
Last edited by MrProgrammer on Wed Nov 18, 2020 5:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Tagged ✓ [Solved]
NeoOffice 2.2.3 with MacOS 10.11
FJCC

Re: Is there an app extract the contents of winmail.dat file

Post by FJCC »

According to this Microsoft support page, the attachment is damaged and the sender has to change settings on their side.
OpenOffice 4.1 on Windows 10 and Linux Mint
If your question is answered, please go to your first post, select the Edit button, and add [Solved] to the beginning of the title.
MrProgrammer

Re: Is there an app extract the contents of winmail.dat file

Post by MrProgrammer »

Hi, and welcome to the forum.
Olivia wrote:I use Mac [and] receive … winmail.dat files from senders … using Microsnot Outlook, but I don’t know how to extract and save …
There are at least three dozen applications for that in the App Store. Open it and search. Pick one you like. Some are free, some aren't.
AppStore.jpg
If this solved your problem please go to your first post use the Edit button and add [Solved] to the start of the title. You can select the green checkmark icon at the same time.
Mr. Programmer
AOO 4.1.7 Build 9800, MacOS 13.6.3, iMac Intel.   The locale for any menus or Calc formulas in my posts is English (USA).