Can't get folders to populate

Talk about anything at all....
No Techy

Can't get folders to populate

Post by No Techy »

I have several folders that I keep on my desktop, and under normal circumstances they all appear full of documents.
In the last few days the documents are disappearing. If I open a folder to review a document, then close it again all the documents in that folder icon disappear.
They are still in the folder but they do not appear to be there. They look just like empty folders on the desktop.
I don't know what I might have done to cause this, or what might have happened otherwise.
OpenOffice 4.1.3 on Windows 7
FJCC

Re: Can't get folders to populate

Post by FJCC »

If I understand you correctly, this is a Windows problem. I found a Microsoft support article that might help. Try method 1 explained here.
OpenOffice 4.1 on Windows 10 and Linux Mint
If your question is answered, please go to your first post, select the Edit button, and add [Solved] to the beginning of the title.
No Techy

Post by No Techy »

Thank you for your reply.
Following the instructions, when I hit enter I go to Libraries where I find Documents, Music, Pictures and Videos

This being the case I clicked on Computer to see what would happen. Included here are
Local Disc C
Recovery D
HP Tools F
DVD RW Drive E

I can not determine how to locate the file referenced.
The menu for File, Edit, View, Tools Help so not show for either of these locations.
I did a search for Folder Options which came up blank.
FJCC

Post by FJCC »

I am not sure just which step you are stuck on. If it is step 5, your Local Disc C corresponds to the System Reserved (C:) in the illustration. Double click on that and continue to follow the process. If you are stuck at another step, please explain which one.
OpenOffice 4.1 on Windows 10 and Linux Mint
If your question is answered, please go to your first post, select the Edit button, and add [Solved] to the beginning of the title.
No Techy

Post by No Techy »

It is the very first step. I can not reach the required screen by following your instructions. In following your instruction the window I get is headed Libraries.
Bill
Volunteer

Post by Bill »

No Techy wrote:The menu for File, Edit, View, Tools Help so not show for either of these locations.
Enable the Windows Explorer Menu-bar in Windows 7
AOO 4.1.14 on Ubuntu MATE 22.04
No Techy

Post by No Techy »

Thank you, I now have this menu bar and I can tray the first suggestion again.
No Techy

Post by No Techy »

The first suggestion did not help as the suggested file for deletion was not there. I proceeded to the second set of instructions and all seemed to go well.
Once completer I restarted to see if the folders would populate but they did not. However this exercise was helpful in that now when I open a folder on the
desktop and close it on completion of use I no longer lose the documents from the icon. THis was some progress!

Many thanks for your help.