Color printing

Talk about anything at all....
tiltonbob

Color printing

Post by tiltonbob »

I have a Epson WE-3540, and can not get it to print right. When I print a color picture, the whole background is red. I am a dummy at this, and need help.
openoffice 3.1 on windows vista
RusselB

Re: color printing

Post by RusselB »

Open Office is a set of applications. Which one are you trying to print from?
Are you really using Open Office 3.1, as indicated by your forum signature? If so, I recommend upgrading.
Is Vista your operating system?
Is the printer driver the most up-to-date available from Epson? Do not presume that the Microsoft driver updates will get the most up-to-date version.
Is printing from other programs working properly?
OpenOffice 4.1.7, LibreOffice 7.0.1.2 on Windows 7 Pro, Ultimate & Windows 10 Home (2004)
If you believe your problem has been resolved, please go to your first post in this topic, click the Edit button and add [Solved] to the beginning of the Subject line.
tiltonbob

Post by tiltonbob »

As I told you up front, I am not very knowledgeable on computers, I did find this-Windows Edition-Windows 10 Home version 1607
Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i3-4130 CPU@3,40GHZ 340GHZ 64 bit operating system x64based processor.I did find out that the latest programs for the EPSON WF-3540 is up to date.
Thanks for your help
Bob
robleyd

Post by robleyd »

What application are you trying to print from? As RussellB said, OpenOffice comprises a number of applications including Writer which is a word processor, and Calc which is a spreadsheet.
Cheers
David
OS - Slackware 15 64 bit
Apache OpenOffice 4.1.15
LibreOffice 24.2.2.2; SlackBuild for 24.2.2 by Eric Hameleers
Zizi64
Volunteer

Post by Zizi64 »

I have a Epson WE-3540, and can not get it to print right. When I print a color picture, the whole background is red. I am a dummy at this, and need help.
Can you upload a problematic document here? Then we can examine if the background properties of the document contains some "red" property or not.
Tibor Kovacs, Hungary; LO7.5.8 /Win7-10 x64Prof.
PortableApps/winPenPack: LO3.3.0-7.6.2;AOO4.1.14
Please, edit the initial post in the topic: add the word [Solved] at the beginning of the subject line - if your problem has been solved.
tiltonbob

Post by tiltonbob »

I guess I don't understand the question, as I open my documents on the computer, select a picture, left click, and select print. I select the Epson printer, and say print. every time, it has a red background
RoryOF

Post by RoryOF »

We need to have hands on of a small sample document, so that we can check for some hidden factor.
Apache OpenOffice 4.1.15 on Xubuntu 22.04.4 LTS
tiltonbob

Post by tiltonbob »

Do I print a picture, then put it in documents, then forward it to you? if so, I need your E-Mail address.
Bob
Zizi64
Volunteer

Post by Zizi64 »

I guess I don't understand the question, as I open my documents on the computer, select a picture, left click, and select print. I select the Epson printer, and say print. every time, it has a red background
Which type of the documents you meant? Is it a pure picture file (.bmp, .png, .jpg or other...), or the picture is embedded in an OpenOffice document: In a AOO Writer (.odt) document? or in a AOO Draw (.odg) document? Or in a AOO Calc document?
Tibor Kovacs, Hungary; LO7.5.8 /Win7-10 x64Prof.
PortableApps/winPenPack: LO3.3.0-7.6.2;AOO4.1.14
Please, edit the initial post in the topic: add the word [Solved] at the beginning of the subject line - if your problem has been solved.
RoryOF

Post by RoryOF »

You upload the document to the Forum using the "upload attachment" tab below the Submit button on the PostReply or FullEditor screens. There is no "Upload Attachment" tab on the QuickReply screen.
tiltonbob

Post by tiltonbob »

its just a picture I took with my camera, down loaded it on the computer, then put it in a folder in documents
RoryOF

Post by RoryOF »

It's a jpg photo?
tiltonbob

Post by tiltonbob »

yes
RoryOF

Post by RoryOF »

From memory JPGs use one of two colourspaces - CMYK or RGB. OO likes one, but not the other. It is possible that your JPG is using the wrong colourspace for OO, which, I think, likes RGB. You may be able to change the colourspace using an image editor, but I don't know for certain. A small sample file uploaded would be helpful
tiltonbob

Re: Color printing

Post by tiltonbob »

I don't know how to do that
RoryOF

Post by RoryOF »

It would be very helpful if you would upload an OO document, or even simply the picture.
jrkrideau
Volunteer

Post by jrkrideau »

tiltonbob wrote:I don't know how to do that
Click on Reply or on Quote

At the bottom of the window that opens you will see a tab that says "Upload Attachment". Click on it and it will open a window where you can browse for your file.

Got to where the file is saved, click on it to load it and then click on the "Add the file" button.

Send message
Done
LibreOffice 7.3.7. 2; Ubuntu 22.04