Convert PDF to JPG

Talk about anything at all....
spinnerex

Convert PDF to JPG

Post by spinnerex »

I am trying to convert a PDF file to a jpg so I can print is at a photo poster at Walgreens/Costco etc. I have used several free websites that convert PDFs to jpg for free but each time part of the picture in the pdf does not show up in the jpg file. Any idea why? It is white blank where the picture should be.
OpenOffice 4.1.3
John_Ha
Volunteer

Re: Convert PDF to JPG

Post by John_Ha »

Welcome to the forum - and I hope this is not too late.

1 Open the PDF with Adobe Reader
2 Zoom in to as large as is necessary to get the quality you want - it can be so large that the picture extends beyond the screen
3 Edit > Take snapshot
4 left click at the top-left of the area you want to copy and drag the mouse to the bottom-right of the area. Release the mouse button.
5 The selected area is copied to the clipboard.
6 Open an image editor like Irfan?View, MS Paint, Photoshop, GIMP etc and paste
7 Save the image as a jpg file if it is a photo or as a PNG if it is not a photo.

See [Tutorial] Some useful hints on using images for a discussion on images.

If this solves the problem, please click the Edit button on your original post and add [Solved] in front of your subject.
LO 6.4.4.2, Windows 10 Home 64 bit

See the Writer Guide, the Writer FAQ, the Writer Tutorials and Writer for students.

Remember: Always save your Writer files as .odt files. - see here for the many reasons why.
Hagar Delest

Post by Hagar Delest »

You can also use The Gimp for example to open directly your PDF. It will ask you the page to import (thumbnails are displayed to easily select the desired one). Then type the resolution you need and voila.

Please add [Solved] at the beginning of the title in your first post (top of the topic) with the edit button if your issue has been fixed.
LibreOffice 7.6.2.1 on Xubuntu 23.10 and 7.6.4.1 portable on Windows 10
Zizi64
Volunteer

Post by Zizi64 »

Or you can install for Apache OpenOffice the extensions named "PDF import" and the "Export as images".
http://extensions.openoffice.org/en/pro ... openoffice
http://extensions.openoffice.org/en/pro ... s#releases
Then you will able to open the (small sized) pdf files with the Draw application, and then you will able export the pages of the document as pixelgraphic images.

(The LibreOffice contains the PDF import feature by default.)
Tibor Kovacs, Hungary; LO7.5.8 /Win7-10 x64Prof.
PortableApps/winPenPack: LO3.3.0-7.6.2;AOO4.1.14
Please, edit the initial post in the topic: add the word [Solved] at the beginning of the subject line - if your problem has been solved.