Bluetooth file transfer

Issues with installing under all versions of MS Windows
MagicMushroom

Bluetooth file transfer

Post by MagicMushroom »

Hi, all,
I have done a search, and cannot find any reference to my problem.
I have a Blackview BV5000 phone(Android), and a HP W8.1 laptop, not relevant I think, but you decide. Am using OO 4.2.1 and wanted to Bluetooth an .ods file to my phone. Got the following message.
Bluetooth file transfer not completed
Windows was unable to transfer some files
This Bluetooth device or computer cannot process files of this type.

Have previously transferred text docs , music files, videos, etc. with no issue, so why is BT spitting its dummy out over an .ods file ? The phone has Olive Office installed, but this does not seem to be the issue, it's BT thats tripping over its own feet.
I COULD unscrew the phone, and stick the Micro SD in the laptop, and do it that way, but as I need to update this spreadsheet fairly often, BT seems the way to go.
Any help much appreciated.
Kind regards, Nige.
Open Office 4.1.2 on Windows 8.1
Villeroy
Volunteer

Re: Bluetooth file transfer

Post by Villeroy »

A file transferred via bluetooth is just a file like any other file. The bluetooth transfer makes no assumptions about the type of file or file contents. Some awkward security setting or anti-virus trash on the target system may be the culprit.
Please, edit this topic's initial post and add "[Solved]" to the subject line if your problem has been solved.
Ubuntu 18.04 with LibreOffice 6.0, latest OpenOffice and LibreOffice
keme
Volunteer

Re: Bluetooth file transfer

Post by keme »

Check:
  • Settings: What storage will bluetooth use for downloaded files (internal memory, SD card)?
    Size: Is there sufficient space on that storage medium to hold your entire file?
    Procedure: Does this happen when you initiate transfer by "share this file" as well as when you connect to "browse device"?
    • Some vendors will have storage browsing disabled or readonly by default (or even "hardcoded", not configurable), so if you don't find this option available, don't waste too much time searching for a way around that (unless you are confident at rooting your device and loading a different system core). Skip to next...
    Workaround: Can you connect by USB cable?
Apache OO 4.1.12 and LibreOffice 7.5, mostly on Ms Windows 10