A Question About Amazon Accounts

Talk about anything at all....
Techphob

A Question About Amazon Accounts

Post by Techphob »

Hi everyone.

My ebook is now ready to go. Just one thing I write under a pen name so can I register an account under that name (which is my preferred option) or do I have to use my own? I'm just thinking about bank details. I've looked on the net but cannot find an answer so would appreciate some advice.

Thanks in advance.
OpenOffice 4.1.1 on Window7
RusselB

Re: A Question About Amazon Accounts

Post by RusselB »

This is a question best asked of the site where you're wanting to publish your e-book.
A lot of authors use pen names, but for royalty and legal reasons their real name has to be associated with the pen name.
OpenOffice 4.1.7, LibreOffice 7.0.1.2 on Windows 7 Pro, Ultimate & Windows 10 Home (2004)
If you believe your problem has been resolved, please go to your first post in this topic, click the Edit button and add [Solved] to the beginning of the Subject line.
keme
Volunteer

Post by keme »

On many sites you can enter an "alias" of some sort to use as the public name, so your real name is only available to the entity running the service, not to the public or to other registered users.

For any kind of trade, if you choose to hide your identity you may be considered less trustworthy by potential customers.
If "trading portals" (like Amazon) allow such hidden identity, they implicitly assume some responsibility.

I am not sure how Amazon Accounts works in this respect. As RusselB says, ask the Amazon.
Apache OO 4.1.12 and LibreOffice 7.5, mostly on Ms Windows 10
Techphob

Post by Techphob »

Thanks for the replies. Just for everyones information the answer is thus. You create a KDP account with your real name & you can publish under your pen name, because any books you add for sale are then automatically linked to your account you get paid.

BTW I'm obviously a OO writer user. With the mods permission of course I'd like to offer my book for free to OO forum members. Would it be okay to post a thread here in general discussion when the book is published before my free offer days kick in?
OpenOffice 4.1.1 on Window7