OPEN365 = alternative to Office 365 and Google Docs

Talk about anything at all....
henke54

OPEN365 = alternative to Office 365 and Google Docs

Post by henke54 »

Open365 is an alternative to Office 365 and Google Docs. It is free and open source, and ships both with file sync and document viewing, editing and creation options on the Internet.

The option to install Open365 on your own server may make it interesting to users who want or need to keep full control of documents, and cannot or don't want to use Office 365 or Google Docs because of this.
https://open365.io/
LibreOffice 6.0.7.3
on Linux Mint Mate
Villeroy
Volunteer

Re: OPEN365 = alternative to Office 365 and Google Docs

Post by Villeroy »

Why should I set up my own server with such heavy loads of complicated software when I already have my own file server and a VPN?
The American powers around us will always deliver a much better cloud service than any self-owned cloud service because their motivation is beyond human scale.
Please, edit this topic's initial post and add "[Solved]" to the subject line if your problem has been solved.
Ubuntu 18.04 with LibreOffice 6.0, latest OpenOffice and LibreOffice
RoryOF

Re: OPEN365 = alternative to Office 365 and Google Docs

Post by RoryOF »

It's not compulsory to do it, Villeroy. We long-time computer users have other ways of handling documents than the cloud - when I travel I keep my work in progress on a portable USB HD. Anything else can wait until I return home.
Apache OpenOffice 4.1.15 on Xubuntu 22.04.4 LTS