[Solved] New comer to OO world

Talk about anything at all....
imotibg2015

[Solved] New comer to OO world

Post by imotibg2015 »

Hi All, new in here, Mic. Office age is over for me, hoping quickly make the transition in the office the painless way :) going to need to train 15+ users for OO after all years they had used Mic of. at http://goo.gl/k9Sj3z ,
only concern is emailing client, not sure if mozilla thunderbird would be ok.

Greetings to all
Last edited by imotibg2015 on Sun Sep 13, 2015 8:55 pm, edited 3 times in total.
OpenOffice 3.1 on Windows Vista / NeoOffice 2.2.3 with MacOS 10.4 / OpenOffice 2.4 on Ubuntu 9.04
RusselB

Re: New comer to OO world

Post by RusselB »

I have seen a number of helpers with more experience than I have recommend Thunderbird as an e-mail client.
Thunderbird is a free program, like OpenOffice, so you can try it, and if you find it works for your situation, great... however, if it doesn't, all your out is the time that it took to determine that it doesn't work for you... which you would've been out with any e-mail client.
Personally I don't use Thunderbird as I rarely need to e-mail my projects, and the rare times when I do, I can use my web-based provider with little difficulty.
OpenOffice 4.1.7, LibreOffice 7.0.1.2 on Windows 7 Pro, Ultimate & Windows 10 Home (2004)
If you believe your problem has been resolved, please go to your first post in this topic, click the Edit button and add [Solved] to the beginning of the Subject line.
Ed2
Volunteer

Re: New comer to OO world

Post by Ed2 »

A note of caution about trying different email clients:

Unless you are committed to using that client, make sure you set it up to either use IMAP or leave a copy on the server. Otherwise if you download all your emails to a client then you won't be able to access them through the Web interface or any other client again.
Apache OpenOffice 3.4.1 on Windows 7