Help me to get back my sql server database

Talk about anything at all....
Richardos

Help me to get back my sql server database

Post by Richardos »

Dear all,

I lost my database on my pc as I format my hard drive. Now could anyone guide me how I can get a copy of my ms sql server database from my hosting to work with my local pc? I need to have a local copy so that I can develop my site without internet connection. For your information, I'm using Hostforlife.eu hosting service. I have searched and tried many methods to do it, but no luck yet. For example, I created a backup on Hostforlife.eu and restore backup file on my pc, but nothing happens. Then I created a new database, and re-created its structure same as the one on Hostforlife, then I used the import wizard to import data from them to my pc. Again, nothing happens.

I hope someone can give me a way of getting back my database to my pc as it's really frustrated if I don't have my database run locally on my pc. Thank you so much in advance.
openoffice 3.1
eremmel

Re: help me to get back my sql server database

Post by eremmel »

Hi Richardos, You are indeed in difficult circumstances. Unfortunate this forum is only about OpenOffice. I would suggest that you contact your hosting provider, or their forum or a forum about MySQL. I expect that there is more knowledge about this kind of issues.

Succes!
It's Microsoft marketing that tells you computers are qualified for non-technicians
W11 22H2 (build 22621), LO 7.4.2.3(x64)