Contact Manager template

Talk about anything at all....
tigerlight

Contact Manager template

Post by tigerlight »

Welcome beginner. Please answer all of the questions below which may provide information necessary to answer your question.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Which version of OpenOffice.org are you using? 2.4
What Operating System (version) are you using? Windows XP
What is your question or comment?

Someone asked me to recommend a simple contact manager that is not Outlook. He wants to store contact information and print mailing labels. I want to introduce the person to OpenOffice. Is there a template for a contact manager. I searched everywhere I could think of. Building the application from scratch using the OO database would be to complicated. Any suggestions?
OOo 2.4.X on Ms Windows W2k
Safway
Volunteer

Re: Contact Manager template

Post by Safway »

He can use OpenOffice in conjunction with a number of contact management software packages. Some examples of contact management software packages might be
Mozilla
Netscape
Thunderbird
Outlook (though this is not one you want, I know)
Outlook Express
an LDAP address data program
etc.

He just needs to set up an address data source pointing to the contact management software package. To do this, simply follow
File | Wizards | Address Data Source

Then his options are almost unlimited. For example,
File | New | Labels | ...
Tools | Mail Merge Wizard | ...
File | Send | ...
Insert | Fields | ... (This is how you can create your own template or customize what someone else created)
Insert | Envelope | ...

You can get OpenOffice templates from MANY sources. Here is one http://extensions.services.openoffice.o ... latepack_1
If someone posts a fix for your question, then please post a quick thank you and then go to your first post, use the edit button to add [Solved] as the first word of the title so other people can rely on the fix as well.
LibreOffice 3.3.3 on Fedora