[Solved] Caps to lowertext conversion possibility

Talk about anything at all....
TNGrandMom

[Solved] Caps to lowertext conversion possibility

Post by TNGrandMom »

SOLVED. THANKS TO ALLWHO RESPONDED.
Is it possible to convert an all caps text folder title/name to lowercase by key strokes? If so, how is it done? These MS opened with Open office folders. Is there a highlite and change feature? Or, is it possible at all? thank you.
Last edited by TNGrandMom on Fri Mar 13, 2015 1:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
RusselB

Re: Caps to lowertext conversion possibility

Post by RusselB »

On a keystroke by keystroke basis, I don't see this happening, however, you can highlight the text and use Format -> Change Case in Calc/Writer
OpenOffice 4.1.7, LibreOffice 7.0.1.2 on Windows 7 Pro, Ultimate & Windows 10 Home (2004)
If you believe your problem has been resolved, please go to your first post in this topic, click the Edit button and add [Solved] to the beginning of the Subject line.
Bill
Volunteer

Post by Bill »

To change the case of a file name in the file system, you can use a file renamer:

File Renaming Freeware
AOO 4.1.14 on Ubuntu MATE 22.04
TNGrandMom

Post by TNGrandMom »

thank you for the response and, yes, I find using the "Change case" works perfectly for being INSIDE a document, but I'm wanting to change names of FOLDERS at this time. Any ideas on that?
using Open Office 4.1.1 installed on Windows 8.1 64bit operating system
RusselB

Post by RusselB »

Try Bill's reference.
OpenOffice 4.1.7, LibreOffice 7.0.1.2 on Windows 7 Pro, Ultimate & Windows 10 Home (2004)
If you believe your problem has been resolved, please go to your first post in this topic, click the Edit button and add [Solved] to the beginning of the Subject line.
Bill
Volunteer

Post by Bill »

TNGrandMom wrote:thank you for the response and, yes, I find using the "Change case" works perfectly for being INSIDE a document, but I'm wanting to change names of FOLDERS at this time. Any ideas on that?
Folder names are under the control of the operating system. The case change options in AOO are designed to work on text in the AOO document, not to interoperate with the operating system. File renamers are designed to do what you want.
AOO 4.1.14 on Ubuntu MATE 22.04
TNGrandMom

Post by TNGrandMom »

Thank you. Was very helpful in supplying the rename tool.
using Open Office 4.1.1 installed on Windows 8.1 64bit operating system