[Solved] HTML to PHP conversion application

Talk about anything at all....
White Phoenix

[Solved] HTML to PHP conversion application

Post by White Phoenix »

Just thought I would try here in case someone has used such a program and has any recommendations. I know they exist, but there is quite a few and I only expect to use the program once each for my two sites.
Last edited by White Phoenix on Mon May 12, 2014 5:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
Apache OpenOffice 4.1.11 on Windows 7 Professional. 4.1.11 on Linux Mint 18.3 with Cinnamon.
rudolfo
Volunteer

Re: HTML to PHP conversion application

Post by rudolfo »

I don't know how this could work. The opposite conversion (from PHP to HTML) is easy: Just run the PHP interpreter on the the PHP script and the output will be HTML.
And a conversion from HTML to PHP is not needed. It is enough to change the extensions from .html to.php and your webserver will feed the file as input to the PHP interpreter. As PHP won't find any <?php ... ?> segments it will simply output the input unmodified.
PHP is for dynamic content, HTML is static web content. In order to see something meaningful you will have to define which elements in the html document should be dynamically generated. And you will need a machine readable rule syntax for this. This kind of rules are known as PHP templates: Basically html with some kind of placeholders for elements that will be filled later on from additional sources (databases, query parameters, ...)

And all this has nothing to do with OpenOffice, OpenOffice doesn't know anything about PHP.
OpenOffice 3.1.1 (2.4.3 until October 2009) and LibreOffice 3.3.2 on Windows 2000, AOO 3.4.1 on Windows 7
There are several macro languages in OOo, but none of them is called Visual Basic or VB(A)! Please call it OOo Basic, Star Basic or simply Basic.
White Phoenix

Re: HTML to PHP conversion application

Post by White Phoenix »

That’s why I posted under General Discussion. I have an online database on my Pokémon site, but it occurred to me that I should convert it from HTML to MySQL instead. I have access to MySQL via my web host, so I may as well take advantage of that.
Apache OpenOffice 4.1.11 on Windows 7 Professional. 4.1.11 on Linux Mint 18.3 with Cinnamon.
keme
Volunteer

Re: [Solved] HTML to PHP conversion application

Post by keme »

Even though there is a "General discussion" subforum, and many of the helpers here are competent SQL and PHP coders, we still focus mainly on OpenOffice and related Office suites, not web services.
For PHP/SQL questions it is most likely better to ask in http://www.php-forum.com/phpforum/
Apache OO 4.1.12 and LibreOffice 7.5, mostly on Ms Windows 10