Paid for O.Office, but didn't download, how to download now?

Talk about anything at all....
lbazikian

Paid for O.Office, but didn't download, how to download now?

Post by lbazikian »

Welcome beginner. Please answer all of the questions below which may provide information necessary to answer your question.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Which version of OpenOffice.org are you using? ?
What Operating System (version) are you using? Vista
What is your question or comment?
Hi, I paid for Open Office (I can generate the recipient) but I didn't realize I needed to keep the window open from PayPal and as a result I don't know how to download Open Office without paying for it again. Is there a special link i can go through?
EdH
Volunteer

Re: Paid for O.Office, but didn't download, how to download now?

Post by EdH »

Can you give a link to where you bought OOo from? You may have been conned. OOo is available free. It is OK to sell OOo and there are people who provide a useful service by selling CD-ROM editions of OOo for those who can't download such a large program. Then there are the conmen... Of course, none of these people are associated with OOo. That old Latin phrase comes to mind.

You can download OOo from the official OOo site:
http://www.openoffice.org/

As for having a receipt, they've got your money now...
OOoSVN - Version control for OOo documents under Unix
LibreOffice on Arch Linux
Dave

Post by Dave »

EdH wrote:That old Latin phrase comes to mind.
"Ne illegitimi carborundum"?

David.
keme
Volunteer

Post by keme »

Dave wrote:
EdH wrote:That old Latin phrase comes to mind.
"Ne illegitimi carborundum"?
... or "cave conmen!" :)
Apache OO 4.1.12 and LibreOffice 7.5, mostly on Ms Windows 10
foxcole
Volunteer

Post by foxcole »

Who does your receipt show as the vendor? Or, can you provide a link?

Besides CD-ROMs, there are versions of OpenOffice that have additional content or are otherwise improved in some specific way, so the vendor can legitimately charge for the software. We might be able to help either identify a con man or help you find out how to get back in touch with the legitimate vendor so you can get your download.
Cheers!
---Fox

OOo 3.2.0 Portable, Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit
dougcu1

Post by dougcu1 »

Join the club I was fooled into paying for Open Office for my home Windows PC as well. I Googled Open Office and the first on the list was OpenOffice.org-suite.com, I believe, and that took me to a page where you had to buy it. They promised 1 year support, but so far their support has been to just tell me via email to go to a certain hyper link and download software.
OOo 2.4.X on MS Windows Vista + MS Windows XP
EdH
Volunteer

Post by EdH »

The first link on Google is one of the 'con' sites yes, but only because it's sponsored. However, I can see little reason to follow it and then pay money for something which the first search result on Google describes as free. I can only put this down to impulse buying. Doesn't everyone else use logical conjecture and search for reviews of a product before they buy it or realise that they can download it for free?

I'm not wanting to defame anyone by saying this but I don't have much sympathy for this level of gullibility. I also know that saying this in this thread won't make any difference to the people who fall for this trap as they won't do any research before making a purchase.

I would not say that the Internet makes it easier to fall into such traps as you at least have all the information to hand with a few keywords entered into a search engine that tells you that yes, you are being conned. In real life you may not have that kind of information to hand when booking your cruise on a glass bottomed boat in between arranging extended warranties for your every electrical purchase.

We have seen a sharp increase in posts on this subject recently which suggests that 'OpenOffice-Suite is stepping up their marketing. There must be hundreds of people who fall for this and other companies marketing and never figure it out.
OOoSVN - Version control for OOo documents under Unix
LibreOffice on Arch Linux