Multi-Lingual Keyboard

Talk about anything at all....
Bhikkhu Pesala

Multi-Lingual Keyboard

Post by Bhikkhu Pesala »

If you need to work mostly in English, but also in other languages, try my PagePlus Keyboard for Windows. It supports a wider range of characters than the US International keyboard with dead keys for cedilla (ç), ogonek (ą), grave (è), acute (á), diaeresis (ü), double acute (ő), circumflex (Â), caron (ǒ), breve (Ă), macron (Ā), tilde (ñ), dot above (Ȧ), dot below (Ṭ), and ring (å). The archive includes the source file so you can modify the keyboard to suit your own needs. It was designed for a 102 key UK keyboard. It may not work as designed on a US keyboard.

Idiot Compassion
LibreOffice 6.0.4 on Windows 10
Bhikkhu Pesala

Re: Multi-Lingual Keyboard

Post by Bhikkhu Pesala »

I found that my keyboard works just fine in Wordpad, or any program that I have tried. One of the most irritating problems was having to switch to the keyboard from the language bar. Every time I launched another program the UK keyboard would be reset. I solved this problem by making the PagePlus Keyboard the default. This seems to be near perfect — I can type English without any problems, but if I need other characters dozens of accents are just a dead key away: as easy as áḅċ
Idiot Compassion
LibreOffice 6.0.4 on Windows 10
Bhikkhu Pesala

Re: Multi-Lingual Keyboard

Post by Bhikkhu Pesala »

The attached PDF file gives an overview of all the shortcuts available on the PagePlus Keyboard. It can be used in any Windows Application, not just PagePlus, though it was designed for compatibility with some legacy PagePlus shortcuts.
Attachments
PagePlus Keyboard.pdf
(59.14 KiB) Downloaded 192 times