Cant uninstall 3.3

Issues with installing under all versions of MS Windows
lhp49

Cant uninstall 3.3

Post by lhp49 »

Hi. I have Windows 7 and Open Office 3.3. I want to install the new LibreOffice so tried to get rid of Open Office 3.3. When I tried to uninstall it with the Windows uninstaller, my browser (firefox) opened and attempted to open the page surveys.services.openoffice.org/deinstall. I then went back to uninstall and Open Office was no longer listed. But I went to the Program Files folder and the Open Office 3.3 and OpenOffice.org 3 folders are still there. The Open Office 3.3 folder has a lot of stuff in it still, totaling 154 meg, so apparently it was not uninstalled. When I start windows since then, I get a message that a file is missing.

I did a windows system restore to bring Open Office 3.3 back and uninstalled it again, with the same results. How do I uninstall Open Office? Thanks. LHP
Open Office 3.3 with Windows 7
thomasjk
Volunteer

Re: Cant uninstall 3.3

Post by thomasjk »

The uninstall does not necessarily remove the program files directory or others. Use Revo free Uninstaller http://www.revouninstaller.com/revo_uni ... nload.html to completely remove the install. If its not listed in Programs and Features then its safe to delete the remaining directories.
Tom K.
Windows 10 Home version 1803 17134.165
LibreOffice 5.4.7.2
Bill
Volunteer

Re: Cant uninstall 3.3

Post by Bill »

lhp49 wrote:Hi. I have Windows 7 and Open Office 3.3. I want to install the new LibreOffice so tried to get rid of Open Office 3.3. When I tried to uninstall it with the Windows uninstaller, my browser (firefox) opened and attempted to open the page surveys.services.openoffice.org/deinstall.
That's normal. Just close the browser. It has no effect on uninstallation.
lhp49 wrote:I then went back to uninstall and Open Office was no longer listed. But I went to the Program Files folder and the Open Office 3.3 and OpenOffice.org 3 folders are still there. The Open Office 3.3 folder has a lot of stuff in it still, totaling 154 meg, so apparently it was not uninstalled.
In a normal installation, all program files are in the OpenOffice.org 3 folder. Only files which were placed in that folder during installation will be removed during uninstallation. The OpenOffice.org 3.3 folder may be the installation files which are by default unpacked on the desktop, not in Program files. That folder is 154 MB and contains folders "java", "licenses", "readmes" and "redist", as well as files "openofficeorg1.cab, openofficeorg33.msi, setup.exe and setup.ini. If the OpenOffice.org 3.3 folder is the installation files folder, then Revo Uninstaller may not remove it. You may have to delete it manually.
lhp49 wrote:When I start windows since then, I get a message that a file is missing.
What file?