Goldmine

Talk about anything at all....
abreines

Goldmine

Post by abreines »

Has anyone used OpenOffice with Goldmine? Goldmine is married to Microsoft Word and we are attempting to integrate OpenOffice instead. Thank you.
Villeroy
Volunteer

Re: Goldmine

Post by Villeroy »

Ask the Goldminers if they can marry their stuff with OpenOffice.org.
Please, edit this topic's initial post and add "[Solved]" to the subject line if your problem has been solved.
Ubuntu 18.04 with LibreOffice 6.0, latest OpenOffice and LibreOffice
abreines

Post by abreines »

They have said they haven't done so yet, but believe it will work since we can save as Word and Excel files. The issue is templates. Can OpenOffice templates work with Goldmine? Thanks.
Villeroy
Volunteer

Post by Villeroy »

Again, the question should be: "Can Goldmine work with OOo templates?"
Would you ever ask Microsoft to support Golmine?
Please, edit this topic's initial post and add "[Solved]" to the subject line if your problem has been solved.
Ubuntu 18.04 with LibreOffice 6.0, latest OpenOffice and LibreOffice
DrewJensen
Volunteer

Post by DrewJensen »

LOL - didn't need to ask MS that - it was the other way around - the Golmine folks made their package to work with MSO...

One of the small companies I worked at years and years ago used Glodmine ( and had since release 1 under dos IIRCC ) and it did not use an external word processor. I recall that being one of the biggest problems the sales staff had with it - they wanted it integrated with the WP. So, myself and one of the other guys in the development department ( we sold a software package to the financial market ) got tagged with building a bridge - to - Ami pro....anyone remember that one.

Anyway - that was a very long time ago and I have no idea how that package has morphed over the years, but I am not surprised that it is tightly integrated into the MSO architecture, from a straight business perspective it would have been a good move.
Former member of The Document Foundation
Former member of Apache OpenOffice PMC
LibreOffice on Ubuntu 18.04
abreines

Post by abreines »

Goldmine says that as long as OpenOffice will save a template as a dot file, it should work seemlessly. I do remember Ami Pro and also used a prior version of Goldmine with WP. Thanks.