Vista with sp1(oh no.)

Talk about anything at all....
terryanddawns

Vista with sp1(oh no.)

Post by terryanddawns »

I have been using open offices for a awhile now and on a number of op systems and have never seen any thing like this, two hours after installing the suite on vista home premium with sp1 the computer just shut off no blue screen of death,error messages just off. On restart it informs me that it has sufferd a major failure (Oh realy!)and needs to resart to find a solution,after 30 min of this it finally has to do a restore to just prior to install. It ran fine up untill vista got a attidtude and spit it out.(gess it didnt like the taste)
I have the office Suite intsalled on two other machings with the same op system but have yet to install sp1 and wont untill I can find a solution and Iam not nearly that smart so pleas help if you can and thank's.
Phil
Volunteer

Re: Vista with sp1(oh no.)

Post by Phil »

Hi and welcome to the community!

I am not quite clear what exactly happened.
Did OpenOffice work right after the installation without problems, right?
Did you install SP1 after OpenOffice or was it already installed?

Because I am wondering what makes you think that the problem is connected to SP1.
AFAIK, OpenOffice is perfectly compatible to Vista with SP1.

From your description I think some bad things happened to your machine, and that it was maybe not due to OpenOffice.

Are you running antivirus and antispyware tools?

KR, phil
OOo 3.0.1 & DEV-3.1 • WinXP pro 32-bit + SP3 + current patches
Looking for OpenOffice-related information? Try the search engine on OpenOfficeNinja - a great tool!
My favorite extension: Alt. Find & Replace for Writer. All you need and much more...
OOo 2.4.X on Ms Windows XP
terryanddawns

Post by terryanddawns »

No it was not open offices it runs fine on two other machings with vista ! it hapens only after installing sp1. dose it help that it is a RTM copy ? Or would it work if I uninstall sp1 then insatll open office ? Its worth a shot.
Phil
Volunteer

Post by Phil »

I am still unclear why you think SP1 is the problem.
terryanddawns wrote:Or would it work if I uninstall sp1 then insatll open office ?
I don't think so, because other people don't have problems installing OpenOffice on Vista with SP1.

KR, phil
OOo 3.0.1 & DEV-3.1 • WinXP pro 32-bit + SP3 + current patches
Looking for OpenOffice-related information? Try the search engine on OpenOfficeNinja - a great tool!
My favorite extension: Alt. Find & Replace for Writer. All you need and much more...
OOo 2.4.X on Ms Windows XP