Your web hosting provider?

Talk about anything at all....
0zas

Your web hosting provider?

Post by 0zas »

I apologize for the possible off-topic. Guys, could you tell me which web hosting company you are using at the moment? I have a problem because my current web hosting company hostrator.com is kicking me off. They say that our website is using too many server resources. But our website only gets 300 visitors per day..

Anyway, what would be your recommendations? Are you happy with your web hosting providers?

I am checking www.hosting24.com at the moment, but is it real that they can provide unlimited disk space?
I have contacted them and they say something like "1000GB disk drive costs only $30 per month, so if some day we will start running out of disk space we will simply add a new 1000GB drive so can continue uploading..".

What do you think about it? Any ideas and web hosting company name suggestions are much appreciated.
Last edited by acknak on Tue Apr 06, 2010 3:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Disable live external link
OpenOffice 3.1
ccornell
Volunteer

Re: Your web hosting provider?

Post by ccornell »

The OOo Forum is hosted at a Sun/Oracle data center in Hamburg, Germany.... so not much help for you there :-)

Otherwise, there are loads of host providers. You really just have to pick one. The competition between them is pretty fierce, so they all tend to offer roughly the same services - although there def are a few that count on people not researching the competition.

I've had good success with Seanic and Intelligenthosting (both US hosts). I've set up about a dozen websites on Seanic's web hosting services, and never had any problems or issues. $30/month is quite high though if that is in US dollars... I pay only slightly more than that for a full year of hosting... so... do your research.
openSUSE 11.4, KDE4.6 with OpenOffice.org 3.3
keme
Volunteer

Post by keme »

Live links to commercial services are likely to have your post reported as spam. To avoid that, edit your post to remove the elements that make a live link of the hosting24-address.

Moving is a hassle, for web solutions and personal accomodation alike. If you can get more detail from your current provider, you may be able to optimise your site to avoid excessive server load. That way, you won't need to move.
  • If your website uses advanced scripting or a language that's only available as a CGI service (as opposed to modules integrated in the server software), CPU load may be an issue.
  • If you have many simultaneous connections, or use a scripting language via CGI, you may be consuming too much of available RAM.
  • If you have large files available for download, or cache dynamic pages unnecessarily (pages that change frequently), you may be consuming too much storage space.
  • Large downloads or server-side scripts with high interaction may also consume too much of available bandwidth.
Most of those potential sources of overload can be avoided by optimising. How easy it is depends on your current solution. You should at least try to have a dialog with your current provider about possible fixes.
Apache OO 4.1.12 and LibreOffice 7.5, mostly on Ms Windows 10
jeeva

Post by jeeva »

I got the web host here http://www.tucktail.com/ It provides hosting,domain name register, domain appraisal, online file folder, ssl certificate etc...
OpenOffice 4.1 on window Vista/Neooffice 2.2.3 with MacOs 10.4/OpenOffice 2.4 on Ubuntu 9.04
john1909

Post by john1909 »

jeeva wrote:I got the web host here tucktail.com/ It provides hosting,domain name register, domain appraisal, online file folder, ssl certificate etc...
I have used tucktail several times in the past and can definitely recommend them as well.

-John
OpenOffice 3.3