[Solved] OpenOffice for Commercial Use

Talk about anything at all....

[Solved] OpenOffice for Commercial Use

Postby unipati » Fri Feb 15, 2008 1:08 am

Hi guys
Using at Home Version 1.1.4 & Windows XP Home Version 2002
Using at the office Microsoft Office 2003 & Windows XP Pro SP2

I want to use open office in me office (commercial use)
In the download page I cant find Open Office Binaries to download
There is only openoffice.org 2.3.1 (for non commercial use)
What are binaries anyway? and where is the link to download it?

After downloading the binaries can I just click on it and start using, just like openoffice.org 1.1.4

Thanks

Welcome beginner. Please answer all of the questions below which may provide information necessary to answer your question.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Which version of OpenOffice.org are you using?
What Operating System (version) are you using?
What is your question or comment?
Last edited by Hagar Delest on Sat Apr 27, 2013 10:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: tagged [Solved].
unipati

Re: Open Office for Commercial Use

Postby DrewJensen » Fri Feb 15, 2008 1:21 am

You can use OpenOffice.org in any setting - home, work or give it away as a gift - what a wonderful Valentine's day gift that would be...LOL

You can find the downloads of the binaries at
http://download.openoffice.org

Version 1.1.4 is no longer available on from the main web site - but you can still get version 1.1.5 ( all the way on the right and bottom list of the download page )

2.3.1 is the current stable release and will read and save to your current file formats.

With Windows you will download an installer package - when done run this and it will install the application, by default the installation package includes the latest copy of SUN Java Run-time also and if needed this will also be installed. ( Used by some wizards and the database component )

HTH

Drew

And welcome to the forum...
Former member of The Document Foundation
Former member of Apache OpenOffice PMC
LibreOffice on Ubuntu 18.04
DrewJensen
Volunteer

Re: Open Office for Commercial Use

Postby TerryE » Fri Feb 15, 2008 6:32 am

unipati wrote:There is only openoffice.org 2.3.1 (for non commercial use)

There is nothing to stop you using OOo for commercial use. It's just that zero price = zero support commitment from Sun or OOo. If you want a commercial support agreement from Sun then you'll need to pay for the Enterprise version of OOo which Sun currently brands as StarOffice, but is rumoured to be considering rebranding as OpenOffice.org Enterprise Edition.
Ubuntu 11.04-x64 + LibreOffice 3 and MS free except the boss's Notebook which runs XP + OOo 3.3.
TerryE
Volunteer

Return to General Discussion