[Solved] Dell Mini 9 screen resolution

Talk about anything at all....
idoctom

[Solved] Dell Mini 9 screen resolution

Post by idoctom »

Thanks. Since someone noted that ooo works an the Asus Eee, with an even lower resloution, it should be okay on my Dell Mini 9.

The only screen resolution on my dell mini 9 is 1024 x 600, below the listed requirements for ooo3.0. My solid state drive is 16GB. I would like to be able to work with MS Office XP & 2007 Word files. Will ooo be functional for me on this machine for these purposes?
Thanks
Last edited by idoctom on Fri Dec 12, 2008 4:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
OOo 3.0.X on Ms Windows XP
Villeroy
Volunteer

Re: Dell Mini 9

Post by Villeroy »

Yes, you can work with side bars in OOo and you can arrange toolbars freely. It takes about half a Gigabyte disk space and should be pretty usable with a Gigahertz processor and 128 Megabytes left for the application and some documents (not too heavy ones).

One issue, one thread
I removed your duplicate from the "Beginners" forum.
Please, edit this topic's initial post and add "[Solved]" to the subject line if your problem has been solved.
Ubuntu 18.04 with LibreOffice 6.0, latest OpenOffice and LibreOffice
r4zoli
Volunteer

Post by r4zoli »

MS Word 2007 files can be read and cannot save be saved with OOo 3.0, earlier version not support it. Other files can be read and saved.
AOO 4.0 and LibO 4 on Win 8
Hungarian forum co-admin
idoctom

Post by idoctom »

Thanks for the information. Specifically, I am wondering about the video resolution of my machine being lower than that listed in ooo 3 system requirements...will this prevent the program from operating well?
Thanks.
OOo 3.0.X on Ms Windows XP
r4zoli
Volunteer

Post by r4zoli »

I think Asus Eee has same screen resulution and OOo works on it without problem.
AOO 4.0 and LibO 4 on Win 8
Hungarian forum co-admin