Obtaining file from Google Drive using OOReader

Talk about anything at all....
asaret

Obtaining file from Google Drive using OOReader

Post by asaret »

I never had this problem before.
When trying to obtain a file from Google Drive, using OOReader, I get this message:

Error 401: disabled_client
Sign in with Google temporarily disabled for this app. This app has not been verified yet by Google in order to use Google Sign In.
Open Office 3.1 Linux Mint
Villeroy
Volunteer

Re: Obtaining file from Google Drive using OOReader

Post by Villeroy »

You have a problem with that reader and with Google in particular which "thinks" that your reader could be an evil hacker's app accessing your Google drive.
Please, edit this topic's initial post and add "[Solved]" to the subject line if your problem has been solved.
Ubuntu 18.04 with LibreOffice 6.0, latest OpenOffice and LibreOffice
keme
Volunteer

Re: Obtaining file from Google Drive using OOReader

Post by keme »

I cannot say I blame Google for restricting direct access from app to cloud storage. It looks like they want a piece of you...

The Ooreader enterprise who published the OOreader app does not state any affiliation with OpenOffice or Apache. In fact, they do not say very much at all about who they are, which to me is a little suspicious.

Their logo also looks like a blatant ripoff from the OpenOffice logo, which adds to my suspicion. Seems like they try to borrow credibility from that suite/this place.

Can the app not read downloaded files from your device storage? If direct access is the only way, it does not become any less suspicious.