[Solved] Missing "Favorites" in a Windows screen

Talk about anything at all....
Larry1700

[Solved] Missing "Favorites" in a Windows screen

Post by Larry1700 »

when I created a folder to put files into, I would automatically see a list on the left side, reading from top to bottom: Favorites; desktop; downloads; recent places; dropbox; google drive. Then Libraries, followed by: documents, music, pictures, videos. Then Homegroup. Then Computer, followed by Windows8 OS (C:); Lenovo (D:). Then Network.

I just had to re-set my Windows 10 HP laptop - but when I create a folder I do NOT see any of these categories on the left side. Can someone help this old Luddite out? Thank you
Last edited by Hagar Delest on Tue Apr 06, 2021 6:01 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Moved from Writer forum to General Discussion since the question does not involve OpenOffice (MrProgrammer). Tagged solved (Hagar).
Windows 8 - Open Office 4.0.1
FJCC

Re: Missing "Favorites"

Post by FJCC »

This has nothing to do with OpenOffice but I think I can help you. Near the top of the window displaying the folder's contents, click the View tab. Near the left edge of the View pane, there is an icon for Navigation Pane. Click on the the drop down menu there and select Navigation Pane.
OpenOffice 4.1 on Windows 10 and Linux Mint
If your question is answered, please go to your first post, select the Edit button, and add [Solved] to the beginning of the title.
Larry1700

Re: Missing "Favorites" in a Windows screen

Post by Larry1700 »

It worked!!!!!! Thank you!!!!!!!
Windows 8 - Open Office 4.0.1