Suggestion for a new manual

Request For Enhancement, User feedback candidates for wiki
openNick

Suggestion for a new manual

Post by openNick »

Edit: Split from [Tutorial] How to record a macro (and Regular Expressions)
This post has nothing to do with the tutorial because it presents a book on spreadsheet functions while the tutorial concerns recording macros and regular expressions in Writer. 
I have excel on a 2005-era desktop I still use, and I get emails designed to help people with excel. I mainly use this laptop and OpenOffice, and I wondered, when I got my latest excel help thingy whether there's anything like it for OO.

I'm posting this here, because your link, "- Chapter 3 of the OOo v3.3 Writer Manual ", is the right sort of thing, but VERY old.
This is less a query, more an invitation. The OO help facilities are more helpful than most, but that isn’t saying a whole lot, is it! They’re OK, but a “manual” (remember them?) would make OO more usable, I think.

Begin forwarded message:

Subject: New resource - 101 Excel Functions PDF
Date: 2021April 2 at 13:47:15 BST
To: nickbarnett@phonecoop.coop
Reply-To: Exceljet <contact@exceljet.net>

Hi all,

Did you know Excel has over 480 built-in functions? That is a huge number, and more functions are still being added every year :)

Thankfully, you don't need to learn all of these functions to be productive in Excel. If you have a basic understanding of about 100 key functions, you'll be far ahead of the average user.

To help you out, we created a new PDF you can download for free. This guide is illustrated with examples throughout, and contains many useful links:
Attachments
probably their copyright, but it gives a good idea of the proposal.
probably their copyright, but it gives a good idea of the proposal.
exceljetIMG.jpg (41.54 KiB) Viewed 5414 times
OPENOFFICE 4.1.5 ON MAC osx 10.15.5