Main toolbar

Talk about anything at all....
keith19

Main toolbar

Post by keith19 »

In an Open Office book i have , and looking at a couple web sites there is a tool bar down the left hand side called the Main Toolbar. How do i get it to show ? . I,m up to date with the Open Office installed on my computer,just re- installed it yesterday .
OOo 2.4.X on MS Windows Vista
jmaggio

Re: MAIN TOOLBAR

Post by jmaggio »

At least in Version 3, and probably in 2.4, you can move your toolbar from the top to the side by dragging it over. I just dragged my default toolbar over. I guess that is the main toolbar. The option view - toolbars allows you to turn them on and off. Not sure if that answers your question.
OOo 3.0.X on Ms Windows XP
Villeroy
Volunteer

Re: MAIN TOOLBAR

Post by Villeroy »

Does your book cover good old version 1 by any chance? These versions had a fixed set of toolbars. If I remember correctly, one of them was "Main". Since version 2 there are more toolbars, all of them customizable, dockable and movable, some of them pop up when you select certain related objects. Before you throw away that book in favour of a newer one: Learn about dockable windows (such as the navigator and the stylist) and -- most important if not crucial -- learn about styles and templates. These fundamental concepts, which did not change, enable you to work very efficiently while using toolbars every now and then. I use to have them all hidden.
Please, edit this topic's initial post and add "[Solved]" to the subject line if your problem has been solved.
Ubuntu 18.04 with LibreOffice 6.0, latest OpenOffice and LibreOffice
keith19

Re: Main toolbar

Post by keith19 »

The book is for version 1, but looking at a linux site they,re talking about version 2.4 with the same tool bar down the left hand side, the disc that came with the book is for version 1. I probably wont use most of the stuff in tool bars, just liked to have known where things are.
OOo 2.4.X on MS Windows Vista