[Solved] Hide text of a comment on OO for Android

Issues with smartphones, tablets and all portable devices
Mark Peaty

[Solved] Hide text of a comment on OO for Android

Post by Mark Peaty »

I have recently installed OpenOffice for tablets on my Galaxy Tab A and I am enjoying having a comprehensive word processor app.
I usually use my Logitech K480 Bluetooth keyboard for typing on the tablet and it generally works well [except with the Quora app].
*However*, I cannot find out how to hide the text of a comment but leave an indicator in the text that there is a comment there. Maybe this simply cannot be done?

Another thing is that when typing, the start of each sentence is really weird: The initial letter disappears when typed but reappears after the second letter is typed. Is this a fault or a wizbang undocumented feature? I have tried adjusting the autocorrect settings in OO for Android.
Maybe it has to do with having a minimised "on-screen" Swiftkey keyboard running as well [because Galaxy Tab A with Android v10 does not have a native spell checker] . It all sure makes life complicated! :-(
Last edited by Mark Peaty on Fri Jan 22, 2021 2:11 pm, edited 2 times in total.
OpenOffice 4.1.4 on Windows 10
RusselB

Re: Hide text of a comment on OO for Android

Post by RusselB »

Welcome to the Forums.
Please note that OpenOffice does not have an official release for Android systems.

As to the rest of your query, I can't state as I don't use an Android tablet with OpenOffice.
OpenOffice 4.1.7, LibreOffice 7.0.1.2 on Windows 7 Pro, Ultimate & Windows 10 Home (2004)
If you believe your problem has been resolved, please go to your first post in this topic, click the Edit button and add [Solved] to the beginning of the Subject line.
Mark Peaty

Post by Mark Peaty »

RusselB wrote:Welcome to the Forums.
Please note that OpenOffice does not have an official release for Android systems.

As to the rest of your query, I can't state as I don't use an Android tablet with OpenOffice.
Hi RusselB, thanks for the response. I just tried to upload a screenshot of the 'About' info for AndroidOpenOffice.
'The file is too big' :crazy:
Anyway the app was created by Akikazu Yoshikawa and really does have same appearance as OO on my desktop machine.

I have only had this Galaxy Tab A for a couple of months so I am still feeling my way around its quirks and quandries, ...
I think I have found a work around for the weird spellchecker interactions, so please ignore that item.

I haven't yet gone back to suss out the fine details of using comments on the Win 10 version of OO, but on the Android version the content of comments appears outside of the actual 'page' area rather than being added as a potentially printable field on the representation of A4 paper.
That won't be too much of a problem for my personal on-line use but would limit how OO files can be used for upoading to a F/B or other place discussion group.
Cheers,
Mark Peaty, Western Australia
OpenOffice 4.1.4 on Windows 10
esperantisto
Volunteer

Post by esperantisto »

Mark Peaty wrote: Hi RusselB, thanks for the response. I just tried to upload a screenshot of the 'About' info for AndroidOpenOffice.
There is no such thing as AndroidOpenOffice
Anyway the app was created by Akikazu Yoshikawa
It is AndrOpen Office. It is a non-free project independent of Apache OpenOffice. So, all your questions should go to that developer.

P. S. In any case, learn to ask good questions. When you can’t even correctly specify the name of software in question, it is a waste of time, of yours (which is your problem) and of the people here (which is arrogant of you).
AOO 4.2.0 (of 2015) / LO 7.x / Win 7 / openSUSE Linux Leap 15.4 (64-bit)