[Solved] Transfer AOO documents between two PC's

Talk about anything at all....
JamesEJ

Re: Transfer AOO documents between two PC's

Post by JamesEJ »

RoryOF wrote:OK, so you are switching the printer by plugging from one computer to the other. And it works on one, but not on the other? Is the printer software installed on both computers?
Exactly! You got it now! Yes the printer software is installed on both PC's
Open Office writer 4.1.1
windows 7 home premium
RoryOF

Re: [SOLVED] Transfer AOO documents between two PC's

Post by RoryOF »

I got it all along, but it is important to ascertain that we are all singing from the same hymn sheet. The easiest solution is to sort out why PC1 cannot print OpenOffice documents. Often such a problem is solved by reinstalling the printer drivers.
Apache OpenOffice 4.1.15 on Xubuntu 22.04.4 LTS
JamesEJ

Post by JamesEJ »

RoryOF wrote:I got it all along, but it is important to ascertain that we are all singing from the same hymn sheet. The easiest solution is to sort out why PC1 cannot print OpenOffice documents. Often such a problem is solved by reinstalling the printer drivers.
Drivers install .... Hmmmmm .. I am thinking the driver would be installed with the recent OS system install. Right<>Wrong?
Open Office writer 4.1.1
windows 7 home premium
robleyd

Post by robleyd »

Probably wrong; Windows won't install printer drivers for every printer out there. Use the install media that came with the printer, or better, go to the printer manufacturer's website and grab the latest driver from there.
Cheers
David
OS - Slackware 15 64 bit
Apache OpenOffice 4.1.15
LibreOffice 24.2.2.2; SlackBuild for 24.2.2 by Eric Hameleers
RusselB

Post by RusselB »

While Windows installs drivers for most printers, there are times when the driver installed is a generic driver that will, for the most part. work with the printers, it's not the specific driver for that printer.
I have to support robleyd's recommendation to check the printer manufacturer's website for the latest drivers for your printer.
OpenOffice 4.1.7, LibreOffice 7.0.1.2 on Windows 7 Pro, Ultimate & Windows 10 Home (2004)
If you believe your problem has been resolved, please go to your first post in this topic, click the Edit button and add [Solved] to the beginning of the Subject line.
John_Ha
Volunteer

Post by John_Ha »

Russell

W10 should install drivers for the vast majority of printers but, as you say, sometimes W10 updates get it wrong.

I think I read that there is something else needed when a 32-bit program like AOO talks to a 64-bit printer driver which is why 64 bit programs can work but 32 bit ones don't.
LO 6.4.4.2, Windows 10 Home 64 bit

See the Writer Guide, the Writer FAQ, the Writer Tutorials and Writer for students.

Remember: Always save your Writer files as .odt files. - see here for the many reasons why.
RusselB

Post by RusselB »

Could be. I've never had a problem printing with any program and I got a new printer just a month ago.
OpenOffice 4.1.7, LibreOffice 7.0.1.2 on Windows 7 Pro, Ultimate & Windows 10 Home (2004)
If you believe your problem has been resolved, please go to your first post in this topic, click the Edit button and add [Solved] to the beginning of the Subject line.
JamesEJ

Post by JamesEJ »

Thanks bunches guys. Truly mean that! This was a tough one, I think anyway. I wound up with a less than $10 flash drive & it did the trick Whew! Enjoy your 4th Holiday my Oo friends! Jim
Open Office writer 4.1.1
windows 7 home premium
JamesEJ

Post by JamesEJ »

hey out there guys. from another source via a google search I found the answer. Kinda technical but I will get there by keeping at it, Usually do.

Your time and effort is greatly appreciated. Thanks so very much. Jim
Open Office writer 4.1.1
windows 7 home premium
RusselB

Post by RusselB »

In order to help others that have the same or similar problem, it would be appreciated if you'd post the link for the answer you found via Google search.