Windows doesn’t recognize usb devices

Talk about anything at all....

Windows doesn’t recognize usb devices

Postby parjas » Tue Mar 21, 2017 12:33 pm

Error: “USB Device not recognized” when i am trying to access a USB external hard drive. How to resolve this issue , i have followed this guide (Usb not recognized) but couldn't understand.
OpenOffice 3.1 on Windows
parjas

Re: Windows doesn’t recognize usb devices

Postby floris v » Tue Mar 21, 2017 1:07 pm

Strictly speaking, this is off-topic.

This is not a problem related to OpenOffice but of Windows, or of the USB device. If the USB device is defective, you can't use it. Try to connect it to another computer, if that doesn't recognize it as well, it's probably something with the USB device. For instance, a memory stick may have a damaged memory chip. If it can connect to another computer, something is wrong with the USB drivers on your Windows computer. In that case, ask a knowledgeable person to help you.
MS Windows 10 - AOO 4.1.3 - LibreOffice 5.2.3.3
If your problem has been solved or your question has been answered, please edit the first post in this thread and add [Solved] to the title bar.
Nederlandstalig forum
floris v

Postby RoryOF » Tue Mar 21, 2017 3:31 pm

While I agree with floris v that this question is off topic for the OO forum, I make one suggestion: I have found that sometimes a USB device, not recognised on hot-plugging, will be recognised if the computer is rebooted with that device already plugged in.
Apache OpenOffice 4.1.4 on Xubuntu 16.04.03 (mostly 64 bit version) and infrequently on Win2K/XP
14 October 2016 was Pooh's 90th birthday
RoryOF

Postby John_Ha » Fri Mar 24, 2017 1:55 am

Has the device driver for the USB stick been properly installed?

Prove whether the USB stick works by using Windows to copy a test file to and from it. Do the files copy OK?
AOO 4.1.4, Windows 7 Home 64 bit

See the Writer Manual, the Writer FAQ, the Writer Tutorials and the up to date Writer guide for information. Click the Help button on a pop-up window for extensive help on that function.
John_Ha
Volunteer

Postby amandanunes » Thu Oct 05, 2017 8:11 am

Have you tried using that USB in any other device to check whether is it working?
OpenOffice 3.1 on Windows Vista
amandanunes

Return to General Discussion