General modification in OpenOffice

Discussions about using 3rd party extension with OpenOffice.org
trojan27

General modification in OpenOffice

Post by trojan27 »

Hello,
I am newbie in open source software development, though I want to start developing openoffice software for My Linux system.
I dont know where to start from. Also I downloaded the source code of openoffice from git repository.
Basically I majorly work on Python programming, I and I know a little about c++ and java.
So I want to make some minor modification such as changing name openoffice to something else and add new extension using python script etc.
I need to know where can I start from?
I am working on Linux Ubuntu 18.04 system.
openoffice 4, ubuntu 18.04 LTS
RoryOF

Re: General modification in openoffice

Post by RoryOF »

If your aim is to add some functionality to OO, you would be better thinking of an Extension, which could be written in Python or Basic. To attempt to teach you C++ or Java sufficiently to alter and compile OO is beyond the scope of this Forum. For extensions look at

https://www.openoffice.org/udk/python/s ... framework/

viewtopic.php?f=20&t=89209
Apache OpenOffice 4.1.15 on Xubuntu 22.04.4 LTS
trojan27

Re: General modification in OpenOffice

Post by trojan27 »

Okay Thanks For reply.
I did some extensions making and macro making part in python. But now I want to change application Title names. I want to change "Openoffice" to "MyOfficesuit".
How can I do that??
RoryOF

Post by RoryOF »

I cannot answer with specifics. Were I designing such a program I would use a constant string, which would be picked up whenever the program name was needed. The code base for OO is (from memory) 300MB; that is the equivalent of 550 copies of War and Peace - too much for me to look into (I'd rather read War and Peace again!).
Apache OpenOffice 4.1.15 on Xubuntu 22.04.4 LTS
trojan27

Post by trojan27 »

Okay!