[Solved] Number to text extension error

Discussions about using 3rd party extension with OpenOffice.org
ishaquemv

[Solved] Number to text extension error

Post by ishaquemv »

Can anyone help,my open office crashing when ever I am trying to put = on any cell in my calc
error message coming [number to text extension error] and closing automatically

Please find the attached for more deatils
Attachments
error
error
Last edited by robleyd on Sat May 26, 2018 10:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Tagged [Solved] [robleyd, Moderator]
Appache open office 4.1.5
AOO415m1(Build:9789) - Rev. 1817496
2017-12-11 17:25
John_Ha
Volunteer

Re: NUMBER TO TEXT EXTENSION ERROR

Post by John_Ha »

Welcome to the forum.

Try this file. IF it fails give a detailed "keystroke by keystroke" and "click by click" description of what you are doing.
Attachments
test.ods
(7.98 KiB) Downloaded 240 times
LO 6.4.4.2, Windows 10 Home 64 bit

See the Writer Guide, the Writer FAQ, the Writer Tutorials and Writer for students.

Remember: Always save your Writer files as .odt files. - see here for the many reasons why.
MrProgrammer

Post by MrProgrammer »

ishaquemv wrote:error message coming [number to text extension error]
You can try to a new profile: Reset the user profile
That probably won't help in this situation but it does often correct strange problems.

Otherwise use Tools → Extension Manager and remove the Numbertext extension. Search the extensions website for one with the features you want which is compatible with your OpenOffice version. I don't run your software and don't know your requirements so I can't help you with that choice. Note that Numbertext's page says "This extension was not updated recently. It might not work with latest versions of OpenOffice." If you find an extension which meets your needs, download and install it. Read about using extensions in Help → Index or in User Guides (PDF) or searching for topics about this in the forums.

If you need Numbertext to work and can't find an extension which will work with your OpenOffice version, you can reinstall an older version of OpenOffice where that extension did work. The Download page will let you select older versions.
Mr. Programmer
AOO 4.1.7 Build 9800, MacOS 13.6.3, iMac Intel.   The locale for any menus or Calc formulas in my posts is English (USA).
ishaquemv

Post by ishaquemv »

HI thanks

Resetting the user profile solved my issue

MrProgrammer wrote:
ishaquemv wrote:error message coming [number to text extension error]
You can try to a new profile: Reset the user profile
That probably won't help in this situation but it does often correct strange problems.

Otherwise use Tools → Extension Manager and remove the Numbertext extension. Search the extensions website for one with the features you want which is compatible with your OpenOffice version. I don't run your software and don't know your requirements so I can't help you with that choice. Note that Numbertext's page says "This extension was not updated recently. It might not work with latest versions of OpenOffice." If you find an extension which meets your needs, download and install it. Read about using extensions in Help → Index or in User Guides (PDF) or searching for topics about this in the forums.

If you need Numbertext to work and can't find an extension which will work with your OpenOffice version, you can reinstall an older version of OpenOffice where that extension did work. The Download page will let you select older versions.
Appache open office 4.1.5
AOO415m1(Build:9789) - Rev. 1817496
2017-12-11 17:25