Language extension problem

Discussions about using 3rd party extension with OpenOffice.org
sep780

Language extension problem

Post by sep780 »

I just added language extension for German and Polish. I'm currently working on something with a lot of Polish place names, and they are all underlined as being misspelled. I got the dictionary to fix that.

When trying to search for the fix myself, I learned about looking in the extension manager, and they both show up there and are enabled there.
When I go into Writing Aids under Options, They both show up on the list when go to edit modules.

I've tried closing the program, then reopening the spreadsheet I'm working on, but that didn't fix it either. I haven't tried shutting down my laptop yet, but I'll be doing that in a few hours when I bring it to the library to do some research.

Will restarting fix it, or do I have to do something else to get the dictionaries added to the spellchecker along with English?
OpenOffice 4.1.2 on Windows 8
RoryOF

Re: Language extension problem

Post by RoryOF »

Your Polish and German text should be written using Paragraph styles or Character styles that select Germon or Polish dictionary on the Font tab of the style definition; this tells OO which dictionary to use.
Apache OpenOffice 4.1.15 on Xubuntu 22.04.4 LTS