PDF Extension

Discussions about using 3rd party extension with OpenOffice.org
pberne

PDF Extension

Post by pberne »

I am having lots of trouble converting an Acrobat Reader pdf file into an OpenOffice file. I downloaded an extension but am not sure it was the correct one. I cannot make anything work. Please help me. I am so frustrated! I downloaded a PDF Import extension, but it will not work on my computer. I am using Windows 10, OpenOffice 4.1.2. Thanks to anyone who can help me. PBerne
OpenOffice 4.1.2 Windows 10
thomasjk
Volunteer

Re: PDF Extension

Post by thomasjk »

PDF files are not easily converted to Openoffice files because they are not editable. The extension allows minimal editing using Draw but cannot produce files except in that format. You might try www.zamzar.com to do the conversion.
Tom K.
Windows 10 Home version 1803 17134.165
LibreOffice 5.4.7.2
pberne

Post by pberne »

I tried zamzar, but when I chose convert to a docx (I guess that's right), I only got part of the document converted. It is a bank statement. I had been able to select the entire statement earlier and then paste it into an openoffice document format. When I installed Windows 10, I was no longer able to do that. I don't know why. Anyway, zamzar seemed like a great idea. Have I chosen the correct format? docx? Thanks.
OpenOffice 4.1.2 Windows 10
thomasjk
Volunteer

Post by thomasjk »

Docx is not a native Opneoffice format. Try .odt.
Tom K.
Windows 10 Home version 1803 17134.165
LibreOffice 5.4.7.2
RoryOF

Post by RoryOF »

I agree with thomasjk. Convert to .odt format with zamzar. If it is a bank statement (where figures are important) you will need to proofread the conversion very thoroughly - I suggest at least twice. Good OCR is typically 98-99% accurate, but this is one or two errors in every hundred characters. The redundancy of plain text allows these be ignored or corrected on the fly, but figures are different.
Apache OpenOffice 4.1.15 on Xubuntu 22.04.4 LTS
karencolleen

Post by karencolleen »

I have been converting documents created in OpenOffice to pdf for quite sometime but all of a sudden when I go to upload those documents to a web site, I receive the error message that my document must have a pdf extension. I can plainly see that it does but something has changed and I'm beyond frustrated. Can anyone help?
OpenOffice 4.1.1 on Windows 8.1
RoryOF

Post by RoryOF »

Might you be adding the .pdf extension by hand, and including a space? When using /File /Export as PDF, is "automatic file name extension" checked on the Save As window? It should be, and there will be no need to manually add the extension.
karencolleen

Post by karencolleen »

I use the little pdf button in the tool bar. When I go to post on the web site I can clearly see the .pdf extension on the file name but yet I keep receiving the error message that the file must have a pdf extension to post. I've been complaining to my web master who says that's not possible. I end up sending my pdf documents to him to upload. Personally, I think there might be a glitch on the web site but he says no. Well, something is wrong somewhere and I've been uploading documents to this web site for several years.
RoryOF

Post by RoryOF »

Can you post a sample file to the Forum so that we can check it out?
karencolleen

Post by karencolleen »

2016 LIST OF CLASSES
Open - Any horse/any rider regardless of earnings. Non-Pro - Any Non-Pro rider, any horse owned by rider. $15,000 Novice Horse – Any horse with NCHA earnings less than $15,000/any rider. $10,000 Non-Pro – Any Non-Pro with NCHA earnings less than $10,000/any horse owned by NP rider. $10,000 Novice Horse Non-Pro - Any horse with less than $10,000 NCHA earnings/owned by NP rider. $5,000 Novice Horse - Any horse with NCHA eligibility earnings of less than $5,000/any rider. $5,000 Noivce Horse Non-Pro – Any horse with less than $5,000 NCHA earnings/owned by NP rider $2,000 Limited Rider - Any rider with less than $2,000 NCHA earnings/any horse. $1,000 Novice Horse - Any horse with NCHA eligibility earnings of less than $1,000/any rider. Youth - Any youth 18 years of age or younger at January 1st of the current show season/any horse. *$600 Novice Horse -Any horse with NCHA lifetime earnings of less than $600/any rider. *$550 Novice Horse/Non-Pro - Any horse with NCHA lifetime earnings of less than $550 owned by Non-Pro rider. $500 Limited Rider - Any rider with less than $500 NCHA earnings/any horse.
*These classes are run after the $2,000 Limited Rider.

This is one of the documents.