How can i add a new settings menu to openoffice 4.1.1?

Discussions about using 3rd party extension with OpenOffice.org
Niklas.Ardey

How can i add a new settings menu to openoffice 4.1.1?

Post by Niklas.Ardey »

Hello Guys,

I have one (maybe simle) question to you.

I am currently programming a Plugin for open office 4.1.1 where you can Upload the file you are editin directly to a server. I am Programming it in Java and i am using Netbeans IDE 8.0.2 with the newest openoffice API plugin and i wanted to ask you if you can tell me how i can add a new setting to the settings menu ? I want to have a new setting there where it can save the server url, the password, and the Username.
OpenOffice 4.1.1 same with the SDK
Operation System is Windows 8.1
hanya
Volunteer

Re: How can i add a new settings menu to openoffice 4.1.1?

Post by hanya »

Do you mean Tools - Options dialog? If you say so, we have the document in the following page and its sub pages, click Next Page > link to see sub pages in the TOC.
https://wiki.openoffice.org/wiki/Docume ... ons_Dialog
Please, edit this thread's initial post and add "[Solved]" to the subject line if your problem has been solved.
Apache OpenOffice 4-dev on Xubuntu 14.04
Niklas.Ardey

Post by Niklas.Ardey »

hanya wrote:Do you mean Tools - Options dialog? If you say so, we have the document in the following page and its sub pages, click Next Page > link to see sub pages in the TOC.
https://wiki.openoffice.org/wiki/Docume ... ons_Dialog
I do not know if this i what i want. I want it to be in the same menu es the normal settings.
hanya
Volunteer

Post by hanya »

So you want to add own configuration. See: https://wiki.openoffice.org/wiki/Docume ... ation_Data
Netbeans plugin might have the function to help you to define configuration schema, but I'm not really sure.
Please, edit this thread's initial post and add "[Solved]" to the subject line if your problem has been solved.
Apache OpenOffice 4-dev on Xubuntu 14.04
Niklas.Ardey

Post by Niklas.Ardey »

hanya wrote:So you want to add own configuration. See: https://wiki.openoffice.org/wiki/Docume ... ation_Data
Netbeans plugin might have the function to help you to define configuration schema, but I'm not really sure.

Ok thank you this helped me a little but i Still dont know how to do it quite right. I have to write a seperate settings but i dont know how i do it and the lnks on your site do not exist anymore :(
I just have to know where i need to write the document for the settings in and how i do it :)
RoryOF

Post by RoryOF »

The Java code for
AuthorSupportTool
adds a section to OpenOffice /Tools /Options; it also adds an entry on the main menu bar, with selection of items on the dropdown of that menu. To find these you will have to dive into their code. If you have more Java experience than I have, this may not be a great burden.
Apache OpenOffice 4.1.15 on Xubuntu 22.04.4 LTS
Niklas.Ardey

Post by Niklas.Ardey »

RoryOF wrote:The Java code for
AuthorSupportTool
adds a section to OpenOffice /Tools /Options; it also adds an entry on the main menu bar, with selection of items on the dropdown of that menu. To find these you will have to dive into their code. If you have more Java experience than I have, this may not be a great burden.

Thank you very much. This is nearly what i want to do :) just have t do something like this on my own now. Trying to find out where i have to write what to get it running. Still am Thankfull for everyone who will be going to help me :)
Niklas.Ardey

Post by Niklas.Ardey »

This AuthorSupportTool did excactly what i want to do. It implement its setting into the normal OOo settings.

Can someone tell me how i can do this ?
RoryOF

Post by RoryOF »

You just have to dig into their code and see how they do it. The keyword to search for is ASTLeaf - I can't help as I'm a beginner at Java.
Niklas.Ardey

Post by Niklas.Ardey »

RoryOF wrote:You just have to dig into their code and see how they do it. The keyword to search for is ASTLeaf - I can't help as I'm a beginner at Java.

OK thank you. I am a beginner only too xD so that is the reason why i ask all of this :D
Niklas.Ardey

Post by Niklas.Ardey »

OK i have just managed to find and understand the ASTLeaf_de_DE.propertys file but now i am standing in front of my next problem. I dont get how the maker of this Plugin made it to get into the settings of Open Office. Everything i tried was just not working as i want it too.
RoryOF

Post by RoryOF »

As far as I can see, these are added in BesserWissA.java, but you really do have to do your own analysis of the code: I can't steer you through something I don't understand properly - I'm only telling you what my search indicates.
Niklas.Ardey

Post by Niklas.Ardey »

RoryOF wrote:As far as I can see, these are added in besserwissa.java, but you really do have to do your own analysis of the code: I can't steer you through something I don't understand properly - I'm only telling you what my search indicates.

I know but i realy have never ever done something like this before.